𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒮ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃

(7)
“Lie to me, only if the truth will kill me.” -Amyirechi

¶¶
Matthew made the necessary reservations and documentary needed to secure them a room. However, Mr Sanchez already reserved a room for them in the best part of Raffles Hotel, Singapore.

The VIP section was the earnest desire for every guest which paid to stay at the hotel, it was their dream to afford to pay for even a night there. But Matthew and Doris would be spending two weeks in the section, all expenses paid. 

Doris looked round the hotel environment as they were being directed to their room by the bellboy. The place was beyond beautiful. The compound was spacious and large enough to accommodate two huge three-storey building, a vast golf field, and two wide swimming pools.
There were small bars and lounges located around too.

“Here is your room” The slim boy putting on a red polo imprinted with the words Raffles Hotel—behind, and a black trouser announced to them.
He unlocked the door and took their bags inside, with the help of the rack he used to carry them.

“Thank you” Matthew told him before placing a few notes into his palm.

The boy smiled at the gesture and took his leave, giving the couples privacy.

Doris closed the door after he left, while her husband made to look at the other corners of the room. She plunged down on the large king-sized bed with white covers. The bed was so soft that she could drift into sleep at any moment, but she had other plans in mind.
Since they were already here in Singapore, she could use the chance to find out what went wrong with her sister.

She has been to Dorine's office once and it was a long time ago. Still, she hoped that she would get some good news when she went back there which would be whenever she managed to get away from Matthew.

“So how's the place?” Matthew asked, suddenly appearing from the bathroom.

“I love it, it's beautiful” she admitted, which was not a lie. She did find the room extremely beautiful and worthy of a king, but the guilt of knowing that she doesn't deserve it, chewed on her conscience.

“I hope you had lots of rest, because from here until the day we leave this hotel, we're not going to have any rest," He smirked, a dimple appearing on his cheek.

His words held ambigious meaning to Doris. She couldn't point out what he meant, but she cared less. She would not be around to find out anyway. 
She was going to meet and talk with Dorine, the earlier her sister came back, the better for everyone.

After they were settled in, Matthew opted to give her a short tour of the hotel.

“There's French cuisine, Indian foods and American meals too. You can even get the best wines and drinks here,”

“How do you know all that?” Doris asked Matthew as the walked along the swimming pool area.

He was flinging their joined hands as they walked and talked.

“I've been here so many times, I thought I've mentioned that to you, perhaps you can't remember?” He touched his stubble with the tip of his fingers.

“Oh! But that was for business and not vacation, right?” She quickly covered up the slip she made.

"Yeah, mainly business deals. But I had quite a time. I learnt a lot, really"

He intense stare at her, was doing strange things to the pit of her stomach that she had to turn her face away from his gaze. The silence between them was uncomfortable on her part. It seemed that every time he stopped talking, he was trying to figure her out. Therefore she opted to change the topic.