The Game

"At Least I have a place to sleep, " she whispered, looking at the sky.

She was grateful that she got a place to spend her night without having to cross Amaan's path. Adjacent to his room, there was a wide space surrounded by the glass railing, on one corner there was a metallic garden swing with a leg rest. There was a sliding door separating the room and the balcony and of course it was covered with blinders.

'It must be Raina's idea, she always wanted to have a balcony and a swing to spend her evening time while reading and enjoying tea', she thought while lying on the floor and glancing at the swing.

"Always a dreamer who achieved what she wanted", she sighed.

Asmaira could not close her eyes for a second, she was continually thinking of ways to take care of Kabir without Amaan's knowledge. Though she was not used to a soft bed or it was not like she couldn't sleep without a mattress, however this time she could not feel comfortable as the night was cold and the cool breeze was making the floor freeze making it difficult to sleep. To make the situation worse, she had to wake up before Amaan so as to avoid crossing his path or he might do things to harm her. With that thought she shivered, though the temperature was already freezing her.

She slapped her forehead, thinking about her cell phone which she left at her parent's house.

"How can I be so stupid not to get my cell phone", she scolded herself.

'Well, so who was going to call you? Is there anyone who would call you that you thought of carrying the phone', her conscious sarcastically reminded her.

Yes, who would be calling her now. This was her home now and this was her family. Most of all, she was here for Kabir and going forward also it will only be Kabir for her.

"At Least I can ask Maya to lend me an alarm clock", with that thought she felt relief. Every day she doesn't have to worry about how to get up early before Amaan does.

Suddenly she glanced at the sky as if talking to someone and said, "Ray, Are you happy now? I will take care of Kabir as you wanted. I will fulfill your wish, no matter what, even if it means to face Amaan again and again".

She used to call Raina as 'Ray' as in her ray of hope and strength.

While she was thinking of ways to live in the same room with Amaan and hatching plans to take care of Kabir, Amaan was on the other side of the room opening his wine bottle one after the other. As his father has forced him to stay in the mansion he could only drink when he was in his room. Looking at Raina's picture he started recollecting all the endearing memories of them.

It has been 6 years of their love, their unconditional and irrevocable love. Every corner of the room was designed by Raina. She wanted to make it their 'love den' each corner filled with their love.

"This is my room and you need to take my permission to make any changes", Amaan said while crossing his arms and smiling at his wife who was busy drafting a set of designs to decorate their room.

"And who said you are the only owner of this room", Raina said without even lifting her head and continuing her drawing.

This annoyed Amaan who could not stand his wife giving attention to anything else than him. He was obsessed with his wife and wanted her undivided attention to him. He walked towards her, gently grabbing her design and said, "I said".

When it comes to work Raina never liked disturbance even from her husband. She frowned at his childish behavior and had to ask him, "What I should do to take your permission?".

Like her husband she too crossed her arms and leaned back on the couch.

Getting the response he wanted he gave an evil grin and leaned towards his wife. They were just an inch away from each other, he slowly touched her ear with his finger and said in his sexy voice, "how about a kiss?".