Wife or Whore?

Feeling humiliated she walked out of the room.

"Rat, jerk, idiot, devil, bastard", she murmured while rubbing her grumbling stomach and continued with cleaning the file cabinet, although she was feeling dizzy she didn't step out again fearing another outburst from Amaan.

During the entire meet, Amaan was furious, recollecting her disheveled look and how everybody was staring at her. Though he masked his emotion, he was eagerly waiting for the meet to end.

Once the meet was over, he searched for Asmaira and finding her still in the same look, he lost his cool. Pulling by her arm, he dragged her to his cabin slamming the door loudly. He roughly threw her on the couch.

What did I do now? , she was immediately thinking of an answer.

She was already dizzy due to hunger and Amaan throwing her on the couch worsened her situation. She simply closed her eyes to overcome her dizziness.

"Do you have any sense or you forgot to use your brain", Amaan shouted at her.

With no strength to answer she simply lay on the couch.

Mistaking her silence as her stubbornness, he pulled her up and said, "What the hell is wrong with you? If not for yourself, think about my family's reputation. How dare you come like that in front of others?".

"I am sorry, please, you are hurting me", Asmaira whispered, still ignorant about her mistake.

"Look at me when I talk", he jerked her again.

By then she lost her consciousness and fell into his arms. He froze when the moment Asmaira's body touched him. He forgot to react. Her head was on his chest. He took time to realize the situation and when he did, he immediately called Tara.

"Asmaira, wake up", he said while patting her cheeks, that is when he noticed her skin was hot.

"Shit! Such a nuisance she is", he cursed.

Initially, he thought to confront her about what happened in the meeting, but looking at her fever, he had no option but to drive her back home. He hated the feeling that was rising when he carried her in his arms.

No wonder Raina was always concerned about her, he cursed looking at her pale face.

When Fariya noticed Amaan carries Asmaira her first reaction was, "What did you do to her?"

"Ma, relax, she just fainted and has a fever". Amaan said indifferently.

When Asmaira woke up after a few hours, she noticed she was on the bed and she was wearing a different set of clothes. While she was contemplating who changed her clothes, Amaan entered the room and looking at her terrified expression he smirked.

He could read what she was thinking.

"No need to say thanks", he snickered.

"Thanks for what?", Asmaira questioned.

"For changing your clothes", he immediately added.

"What!"She stopped dead hearing Amaan.

Holding tight to her quilt she screamed at me, yes, this time she screamed having enough of his ill-treatment.

"How dare you touch me?"Asmaira shrieked.

"Dare? Then watch me". With that, he started marching towards her purely in anger. She dared to shout, maybe she forgot her place. He thought.

Seeing that she had only angered him, she crawled back not knowing what to do next. He roughly grabbed her shoulders, making Asmaira close her eyes in pain.