Shopping

That was the last thing Asmaira wanted to do, work with Amaan. She was scared if she said no he could do anything once they are alone. She agreed momentarily, as she needed time to think about a way to get out of the mess.

Before she could sigh in relief, Amaan immediately said, "Get ready! We will go together".

"Where?", this time Asmaira could not stop asking.

"Office", Amaan shrugged while replying

Think Asmaira, think fast, her mind was warning.

As Amaan was about to get up, Asmaira hastily said, "I don't have appropriate clothes, it won't look good if I wear something like this. Why don't I first go with Ishaal for shopping and then next week I will join?Ishaal you will help me, right?".

Asmaira was silently praying Ishaal to agree, however, much to her dismay Amaan again interrupted.

"Ishaal, do you mind if I take my wife shopping today?", giving a playful wink to Ishaal to which she replied by smiling brightly and shaking her head.

"Now, let's go, we still have time for your shopping and then go to the office", with that he left while Asmaira gawked. Hania and Ishaal gave her encouraging thumbs up.

Sensing Fariya's reluctance, Salar spoke,"Till yesterday you were worried about their marriage, now that he is taking an initiative why are you uneasy? Let them handle", with a smile he assured his wife.

Back in the car, Asmaira sat close to the door, holding the seat belt, away from Amaan who was driving like a maniac. Asmaira was afraid of speed as Amaan recollected Raina telling him.

Raina never stopped talking about her and look at her, despicable woman. Amaan glared at Asmaira while thinking.

When they stopped at the city center mall, Asmaira looked pale, as if about to puke, her forehead was covered with sweat and her knuckles turned white while holding the belt tightly for dear life.

Asmaira knew shopping was just an excuse, he had an ulterior motive.

"How can I help you, sir? , one saleswoman approached them.

"Can you help the lady in picking up office wear?", he said while pointing out to Asmaira while he sat leisurely on the couch reading news.

"May I know your preference Mam?", the saleswoman asked with her plastered fake smile.

Seeing Asmaira hesitant, she offered her to show around dresses to blazers.

Being a reserved girl, Asmaira always opted for conservative dressing and was not fond of showing her curves. The sales woman was already irked by her lack of enthusiasm and many times rolled her eyes in frustration. Reading her, Asmaira picked a basic white shirt, one size bigger than hers and black palazzo pants.

As if I was deliberately doing it, Asmaira frowned thinking.

"Is this what you are wearing to office", not missing the sarcasm in his tone, Amaan asked.

Asmaira was speechless, why is he acting as if I forced him to come for shopping, she cursed him.

Next moment Amaan turned to the saleswoman much to her relief and selected a few dresses, all of which were either sleeveless or short length.

"I don't wear revealing clothes", Asmaira spoke, plucking up her courage which Amaan chose to ignore.

To her dismay, he started selecting the skirts which could easily show off her legs.