• prologue •

Her heavy jewelry made her want to rip everything off her but she remained silent. Her mother bustled around her, making sure that not even a strand of her black hair was out of its place.

"Today is such a big day for you..." her mother said, as she fixed her daughter's jewelry for what seemed like the thousandth time.

"So I've heard," the princess muttered, calmly.

Her mother let out a sigh of annoyance. "When will you grow up, Madhuri? You are old enough to be married, but you still act like a child," she chided her.

Madhuri rolled her eyes. She lost count of how many times these words had been repeated to her.

"You aren't a kid anymore."

"You need to grow up!"

"Act like a proper princess, and a future queen, Madhuri."

"You need to understand that you need to be an ideal wife for your husband in the future," her mother continued. "But you seem to have no interest in marriage, you don't care to be ladylike."

Madhuri fought down the urge to groan.

These were the two complaints that were always placed before her: one, she needed to grow up and act like an adult, and two, she needed to be more ladylike.

Madhuri hates the fact that females were showed off like a prized possession, she despised the ideas this society had for women.

But if she even dared to talk to a man, in a friendly way, she would be looked upon as if she had fallen in love with the man.

She glanced at her fingers, as her mother went on with her lecture, and she sighed.

🥀

He maintained a stoic expression as his father went around, talking to the ministers.

He was about to pull up a book and read when his mother dragged him and forced him to sit with his father, the king.

His eyes kept glazing over as he thought about leaving this place for good, when a voice pulled him out of his mind.

"Prince Amar, are you listening?" His father asked him, looking strict.

"Yes, father," he mumbled in reply.

His father slightly shook his head then began to talk. "As you know, our kingdom will soon face the monsoon season, and we have experienced heavy floods before. Now, before it's too late, we need to find a way to prevent it."

"Don't ask me for a solution, don't ask me for a solution," Amar muttered under his breath.

"Prince Amar?" Came his father's voice. "Do you have any ideas to prevent this problem?"

Amar pressed his lips. "N-no father."

His father gave him that look, the one of disappointment.

Amar hated this. He knew he wasn't made for the throne, but his father never seemed to understand.

He knew that his passion lied elsewhere. He loved to write and read, but if a prince became a writer? He would be looked down on.

And the last thing Amar wanted to do was be more of a shame to his father.

🥀

Hello!

So yes, I started a new book and I hope y'all will enjoy it.

Did you like the prologue?

I shall try to come out with the first chapter soon! Until then, byeee!