Chapter 13: Unlucky Encounters

Dana couldn't get her eyes off the teddy bear Aaron gave her, it's black shining eyes and cute smile reflected off her eyes, she caressed the furry toy and hugged it between her arms.

"Liking the gift?" Mars teased as he showed his signature grin.

"S-shut up!"

"Oh bun-bun, you're so easy to tease" Dana gave him a glare, but her embarrassed face made it look like a cute pout, to which Mars chuckled.

Dana instead weakly punched him on the shoulder and went back to hugging her stuffed toy.

"Why do you like it so much?" Mars asked, visibly confused.

"...My mom never bought me these before," She said sadly as if remembering an old memory. "She would beat me if I show weakness in front of her" Her ears dropped.

Mars was silent, before speaking. "I'm sorry"

"It's okay, it's wasn't your fault" She smiled. "Besides, you guys are my family now"

Mars looked at Aaron and Y/N sharing jokes, then bursting into laughter, he turned back at Dana, who was also looking at the friendly display of their other teammates.

"Yeah, I miss mine too"

/-\

[Host, Criminal activity detected]

Y/N stopped laughing as he noticed the notification, he turned at Aaron who was looking at him worriedly.

"Y/N, what's wrong?"

Y/N ignored him as he mentally asked the system. "Where?"

[20 meters, near the shipping docks]

"Something's not right" Y/N whispered.

"What?" Aaron asked, his face forming one of confusion.

Y/N started running, the system displayed a blue screen on his left side, a map showing where the possible criminal activity could be.

"Y/N! wait!" Aaron called out as he also started running, Mars and Dana also followed.

It took a few minutes but Y/N finally managed to locate the shipping docks, where familiar White mask Faunus are carrying crates of dust, Y/N can tell because of the 'SDC' word printed on the crate.

"Come on! faster work you useless animals," The familiar voice of a certain crook called out. "Ain't got all day!" He places a cigar on his mouth and proceeds to light it.

"Roman, fucking, Torchwick," Y/N muttered, silently creeping behind a few barrels and crates.

"Y/N! wha-"

"Shhh!"

Y/N held out a hand and covered Mars' mouth, the latter looked at the docks and quickly understood, so did the others.

"Roman Torchwick? What's he doing here? And is he ordering the White fang?" Dana whispered in shock.

"That, I don't know, but we have to investigate," Y/N whispered back and slowly sneaked behind a few containers.

"Y/N, how did you know that a dust robbery is happening here?" Aaron asked.

"Not now, I'll explain later," He dropped his head low and continued sneaking, the others followed yet couldn't get the same rhythm as Y/N, Aaron was a sniper that prefers hiding, so his sneaking skills are better, Dana was light-footed, but Mars' was terrible at sneaking often making squeaky noises and a few clangs.

Clang!

"What was that?!" A White fang grunt quickly turned at the sound of the noise.

"Dammit Mars" Aaron whispered as the redhead boy only sheepishly shrugged.