arriving in sleepy hollow

Eleanore was a simple and quiet eleven year old girl. She loved to read books and draw pictures. She was quite a small and shy girl that usually kept to herself, she did not attend school as her father believed that it would be easier for him to teach her at home, also since she was so important to him, he couldn't bare to let her go.

The year was 1799, it was a cold and gloomy day in New York City. Ichabod crane sat at the end of a small peer looking into the water below. He rang a bell signaling that he needed assistance.

"Constable Crane, Ichabod Crane is that you?"

"None other, not only me, I have found something which was lately a man"

There was a body floating in the water, the corpse of an old man, it was put on a wheelbarrow and taken to the Court and sent to the furnace to burn.

"Burn it"

"Yes sir"

"Just a moment if I may" Ichabod cut in "we do not yet know the cause of death"

"When you find them in a river, cause of death is drowning"

"Possibly so if there is water in the lungs but by pathology we might be able to determine wether he was dead before he was in the river, I will need to examine the body"

"Cut him up, are we heathens!"

Just then a man was dragged in by two officers and set in front of the judge. He was all bloody and beaten.

"What happened to him?"

"Nothing sir, arrested for burgerlary"

The judge nodded his head to the side and the man was dragged away to the cells.

"Good work"
***************
"The melenieum is almost upon us, in a few months we will be living in the 19th century, yet our courts continue to rely on medical methods of torture"

Ichabod was stood before the judges stand in the Municipal watchhouse, beging him was a man trapped in a full body cage.

"Stand down!"

"I stand up, for sense and justice, out jail's overflow with men and women convicted on confessions no more than this one"

The gavel was slammed against the table many times interrupted Crane.

"Constable Crane! This is a song that we have heard from you more than once now, there are two courses open to me, first I let you cool your ears in the cells until you learn respect for the dignity of my office"

"I beg pardon, but why am I the only one to see that to solve crimes, to detect the guilty, we must use our brains to recognise vital clues, using up to date scientific techniques"

"Which brings me to the second course, there is a town upstate, two days journey to the North in the Hudson islands this is a place called Sleepy Hollow, have you heard of it?"

"I have not"

"An iceolated farming community, mainly Dutch three persons there have been murdered there , all within a fortnight each one found with their head, lopped off"

"Lopped off?"

"Clean as Dandelion heads apparantly, you will take these experimentations of yours to Sleepy Hollow and there you will detect the murderer, bring him here to face our good justice, will you do this?"

"I shall, only if I way bring my daughter"

"That can be arranged, remember it is you Ichabod Crane who is now put to the test"