30. Saturday Week Ten

"Ty is staying at Mason's tonight so you don't need to look after him," my Nan's voice crackled through the phone.

"Okay, I think I'll stay out then," I replied.

There was a pause on the other side of the line and I heard her stop shuffling around, "where?"

My mouth opened to say 'Lana's,' she had already agreed that she would lie for me, but then guilt engulfed me, "um, with Eli."

The silence swallowed me and I anxiously bit my lip as I awaited her response, "okay."

"Okay," I breathed out, relief flooding me, "see you later, Nan."

"See you, and Rei," she paused, "thank you for telling me the truth, monkey."

I closed my eyes and leant on the kitchen counter of Eli's apartment as I thought of all the other times I had lied, "love you, Nana."

"Love you too," she hung up and I placed my phone down on the counter behind me.

A loud sigh was expelled from my lips as I thought about my Nan and Noah. I could feel how fragile my relationship with my Nan was becoming. She knew I was lying half the time and I knew that she was worried that history was repeating itself. And Noah, where to even start with Noah.

I heard Eli come into the kitchen and he pulled me into his arms. Seeking comfort, my head fell to rest on his chest, "everything's so fucked up, Eli."

He kissed the top of my head, "I know, tigru."

"I don't want to lie to her anymore," I moved my head so I could gauge his reaction. My breath caught in my throat when my eyes met his, they sparkled with emotion; emotion that he was blatantly revealing to me.

"Okay," he breathed before leaning down to place a soft kiss against my lips, "we'll tell her tomorrow."

"Just like that?"

Eli smirked at me, "why would it be more complicated?"

My brows furrowed, "they're your secrets to tell, Eli, you have a say in whether I tell her or not."

He whispered, "I thought my bullshit was your bullshit," I smiled, "she's your Nan, tigru, if you wanna tell her, it's your choice."

"Thanks, baby," and then I froze, I had called him that twice before but in both instances, we had been wrapped up in other things.

His smirk grew, "baby?" I groaned, letting my forehead fall onto his chest again and he chuckled, "I like it."

Lifting my head, my eyes narrowed at him which made him smile more, "are you teasing?"

"Mm," he leant down again, "only if it means you kiss me like you did this morning," he mumbled against my lips.

I pulled away with a smile, "I'm not kissing anyone until I've eaten."

Eli grunted, "what do you want?"

I hopped up on the counter, "can you cook?"

"No, and you're being lazy today, so we'll order in."

I stuck my tongue out at him but his eyes darkened and he took a step closer to me, desire swirling in his ocean blue orbs.

Before he could get too close, I stuck my leg out so my foot rested on his chest effectively halting his advance. Like lightning, his hand shot up to grip my ankle and I could feel the heat of his palms through the white socks I wore. His eyes were glued to my legs but they flickered up to meet mine and my legs began to tingle in awareness to his proximity. My breathing turned choppy as tension thickened the air and crackled between us.