BROWN COVERS

KEERTHANA

"Mom, what is inside this brown cover?" I asked as I sat on my bed. I opened the cover to look at a picture of this handsome, smart-looking guy who had the same moustache like my father. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and a black jeans. He was leaning on a wall and a gave a pose. He had good looks and features. But why this guy's photo is here?

Should it be?..... I turned around and saw the details.

Name: Vikram Kumar
Age: 29
Height: 6'feet

'Fine. So let's confirm with my mom.' I called her purposely and she rushed in. "Who is this guy?" I asked her." Do you like him?" She asked me immediately.
I felt suspicious. But I liked him. "Yes mom BUT the PROFESSION?"

"He is the alliance we found for you and I am proud to say that he is an army officer." Enter my father. I can feel he is so proud by his tone. He must be the only person to find an alliance with an army officer.

"But appa its too early for me. Please don't accept it." My pleadings are not going to work out. "See they told that they are OK with the proposal. Just try this one Keerthu."
My mom patted my shoulder. I took my phone and dialled Aishu.

Aishwarya is my cousin from my maternal side and she is just one day younger to me. We both are so close that we share our problems and find solutions. She is my well-wisher.

"Hello?"

"Aishu its me."

"Tell me Keerthu."

I told her and she was about to backup half the way as I told my pleas of marrying an army officer and other things. I did it for 6 months and she literally got fed up. Now this time I told that it happened and she showed no surprise in her tone.

"I know mama (uncle in Tamil) will do like this. See we can't stop him but I suggest you to talk to that guy directly so it will get soughted out.", she said calmly.

I was about to scratch her further but she knew me and hanged up. "Mom, did you tell them anything?" I asked her after I reached the kitchen.  "Your father is talking to them now and I heard that he said that you are okay with the proposal."

As I expected. So the only way to get rid of this is to follow Aishu's suggestion. "Seetha, they are coming tomorrow evening at 5PM." I heard my father shouting with excitement.

'So get ready Keerthu you can do it and say your decision to Mr.Vikram Kumar' I said those in my mind while I saw his picture.

VIKRAM

After two days, my mother gave me a brown cover. "What's this amma?" I asked, looking at the cover. "Open and see yourself." She told me.

I opened the cover and saw a young woman's photo. She was looking good. She was sitting on a small stone, with her hair tied and smiling cutely. I turned and saw her details.
Name: Keerthana
Age: 26
Height: 5'6 feet

"Do you like her?" Nandita asked me as she sat next to me on my bed." Yeah, she looks good." Oops. Is it a trap?

"Maa, he is OK with her. Just tell them Maa." I stopped her as she was going to run away. "Tell me Nandu, what is it?"

"Mom and dad gave your details to a marriage broker and this was the first alliance. Now you said it is okay, they are going to call her parents." She said with the same smile on her face as before.

"Hey  don't you have sense? I just told I like her and you told them" Anger boiled inside me and I was so restless.

"Her father is a retired colonel in the Indo-China border and they wanted an army officer so, they chose you"
Nandita said with the same smile and went out. Anyways, I heard that it was only her parents who said yes and not her.

I was wondering what to do.  After 3 hours Nandita rushed is inside and shouted, "Vikram, the girl said a big YES to you man. And guess what, we are gonna go there tomorrow evening."

Oh my God!!!!! Everything is out of control and she said a big YES. And I am going to say a big NO to her. I will talk with her personally tomorrow and register my pleas and I THINK she will understand. She looks calm and composed. Let's see tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hey my dear readers, so both of them are in a big trouble and they are going to face each other tomorrow.
Let's see their first ever meet in the next chapter.

Until then read my second chapter and vote for me😊