THE 4:00 AM PANIC

VIKRAM

I was sleeping nicely after the pain. Suddenly I heard a big sound near my head, like as if someone threw a stone on my head. I woke up to see a lady sitting with her back in front of me.

"Is it you Vikram?"
" What?"
"The one who set the alarm at 4:00 AM? "
She was literally shouting. Her eyes were looking dreadful.
Oh I forgot that I did not dismiss my alarm which I kept yesterday.
Anyways, my sleep vanished. So I decided to go for a warm-up as I did on the other days on my contingent. I changed my Dhoti and white shirt to tracksuit.

"Sorry, you sleep now. I will go for warm-up. I forgot to dismiss my alarm. I am so sorry. "
She looked at me with anger. I went outside. We had a big lawn. I went to fetch my dog, Tyson for company.

I was doing warm-up when I saw a figure coming towards me. I first got scared.  Then I realised that it was Keerthana. Anger was clearly seen in her eyes.

"You didn't sleep ah. .?" I asked.
"Are you expecting me to sleep after a big panic attack you gave me?"
She was scolding me. Even I know the feeling when someone disturbs you while sleeping. My lovely sister  does it everytime.

"Sorry for the disturbance. Try again."
"Its 5 right now. After one hour of struggle, I came here. And I am hungry."
"So?"
"As a punishment, give me a cup of coffee."
Oh my goodness. I shouldn't have done it man.
"Sorry but you are disturbing my exercise." I hate people when they come in the middle of my warm-up and disturb me?"
"In that way, you have disturbed my sleep."
Oh yeah. Fine. It's a good punishment. I went with her to the kitchen with a half-heart.

KEERTHANA

I turned to my left and right for one hour. But sleep? No way man. This Vikram just woke me up from a peaceful sleep. I just wanted to give him a punishment. I went out to the lawn.

I saw him with a dog. I didn't notice it yesterday. "Tyson...." . I headed Vikram's voice. So he just came out this early to play with his pet dog.

I saw him and asked for a coffee as a punishment. The kitchen had a small window.  So we decided not to turn on the light as someone will notice. The window faced Nandita's room's glass door. She can find out easily.

Vikram took out the milk packet from the fridge and kept it on the stove for boiling. After sometime, coffee was ready. I was eager to drink it. As, I drank it, I spit it on Vikram's track suit.

"What the hell is your problem?" He yelled at me.
"Coffee is salty Vikram."
He took a spoon from a cup and tasted it. Even he felt the same.

He checked the place where he took the sugar.
"Actually, I am sorry but I put salt instead of sugar."
What is his problem? First he disturbed my sleep. Then this.
"Vikram is it a plot to enrage me?" I asked with full of anger.
"No way. We could have got a torch or mobile. It would have been easy then."
I walked out of the kitchen without a word. I was so irritated. I fell on the bed. My saree was so clumsy. I got nice sleep when I was not in a good mood. I slept at last. I will see this Vikram later. He will come for an apology again. He will see Keerthana's real face.

VIKRAM

I was feeling bad for her man. She married me because of my attitude that day.  Today, it was a bad morning for her. All because of me. I decided to go and apologise but she was sleeping. I will apologise after she wakes up.

------------------------------------------
Hey my dear readers,  Vikram did not do it in purpose but Keerthana misunderstood him. Her childish intentions for irritating him will be the next chapter.

Until then enjoy this chapter and please do vote for me 😊

"