Chapter 35

Ethan and I were downstairs and sat around Lucas' breakfast table. To my relief, Lucas' parents were off on some trip, so we didn't have to worry about accidentally bumping into them.

 While Ethan enthusiastically shoveled down his cereal, I sat with my head in my hands as I tried to fight my raging hangover.

 It was my first time experiencing one, and let me tell you it was ten billion times worse than I ever thought possible. It was a mystery to me why people would drink to excess when they had this to deal with the next day. I could barely even look at my toast, let alone eat it. I never thought we'd reach a day, where I, Mia Collins, didn't want to eat, but here we are. 

I let out another long groan as another painful throb passed through my head. I rubbed my temples; in the hopes, this would ease the pain. 

Ethan looked up at me, and his eyebrows knitted together in concern. "Are you sure you're okay, Chubs? Do you want to go back upstairs and lie down?" he asked kindly. 

"No. it's fine. I'll stay down here," I said as I waved my hand around dismissively.

I pricked my head up in intrigue, as I heard footsteps start to descend the stairs. The kitchen door flew open, and May walked in with a yawn, she had messy bed hair and was only wearing a shirt.  A guy's shirt. A shirt which I distinctly remember Lucas wearing last night.

  Interesting...

As her eyes landed on the two of us, she froze in place like a deer caught in headlights. 

And just like that, I was suddenly starting to feel a whole lot better... 

"Morning, May," I sang cheerfully, as the corners of my lips stretched out into a smile. I then made a dramatic show of surveying her clothes up and down, with widened eyes.

 "My, my, my. I see you've been busy," I commented slyly, as I picked up my mug and took a long sip. It didn't even have any drink in it, but I wanted to get my judgment across. 

 May narrowed her eyes and put a hand sassily onto her hip.

"Oh, so we're playing the embarrass each other game? Because if so, I've got quite a few things I'd like to say to our old pal, Ethan," May snapped, as her eyes sparkled with a threat. 

"Okay. Point made. I'll shut up," I said quickly. Ethan shot me a curious look, and I felt my heart elevate in panic. 

Quick Mia, change the topic.

 I turned back to May. "So.... what did you guys do?" I sang childishly, as I waggled my eyebrows.

 Her face flushed a little red, and she rolled her eyes. "I didn't have sex with him if that's what you were thinking. We just talked..." May explained.

 I raised a single eyebrow. 

"Okay fine, we might have made-out a little, as well," she mumbled, as she looked down in embarrassment.

"That's funny, Mia tried to make-out with someone too," Ethan playfully remarked, in between mouthfuls of cereal.

 I gasped and reached out and slapped him upside the head. "Why the hell did he bring that up?" I snapped. 

He promised that he wasn't going to tease me about it for the rest of the day. It had been less than fifteen minutes since that promise, and he'd already brought it up. May just arched an eyebrow and looked between us curiously.

 "Don't ask," I said quickly.

The door to the kitchen then burst open for a second time, and Lucas walked in. I wrinkled my nose in disgust, as I took in his half-naked self, clad out only in his boxers. For someone I considered as my brother, it wasn't the most pleasant sight to be greeted with, first thing in the morning. Especially when I already felt nauseous, to begin with.