Chapter 39

"You're such a pervert, I can't believe you put your hand into my bra," I cried, as I glared up at him in annoyance.

He just chuckled and put his phone into his back pocket. "It was your bright idea to put it in there in the first place," he teased. 

"Not that I'm complaining, or anything," he whispered with a suggestive wink.

 Suddenly, I noticed how close our faces were to each other, and I blushed fiercely. My brain refused to let me forget what happened the last time we were in this position. 

  I know what you're thinking Mia, and don't you dare kiss him even if he is looking down at you with those beautiful, soft blue eyes.

I noticed his amused smirk was slowly fading from his face, and his eyes darkened and looked a little dazed. 

Wait a second, he was distracted

Suddenly, an amazing idea popped into my mind. Whether he liked me or not, he was still a teenage boy who clearly liked kissing me. Meaning, I could quite easily distract him for long enough to get his phone back.

 "Ethan..," I whispered as I slowly batted my eyes. I reached out a hand and raked my fingers through the soft curls of his hair. 

He swallowed, and his eyes sparkled with excitement before dropping down to my lips. He softly reached out to cup my cheek and inched his face closer to mine. 

When I felt his lips lightly brush mine, I smirked. "Thanks for the phone," I whispered against his lips as I slid his phone out of his jeans.

 Then before he had time to process, I pushed his chest hard, causing him to topple onto his back with a grunt. Quickly, I scrambled off the bed and ran for the door, like my life depended on it. 

Because it probably did.

"Mia, what the fuck?" I heard a voice yell as I was halfway down the stairs. 

Not liking how angry he sounded, I increased my speed and started to take the stairs two at a time. I could hear his feet pounding the stairs from behind me. 

Shit. Why did I think outrunning a soccer player was a good idea? 

As soon as I got down the stairs, I immediately darted towards the backdoors of the house. The garden had a lot of space which was perfect as it meant more space to run the hell away from him.

 I threw the door open in a hurry. Looking behind me, I shrieked when I saw he was hot on my tail, so in a panic, I slammed the door behind me. 

The door narrowly missed his face, and when I saw the look on his face, I started to choke up with laughter. 

He looked pissed.

 He had every right to be as in the span of a minute- I'd managed to tease him, steal his phone and slam a door in his face. 

To say he was a little mad at me would be the understatement of the century.

I was about to go hide up a fucking tree or something when my eyes locked on to the garden hosepipe. 

  Excellent.

 With a smirk, I quickly ran over to it. I picked up the nozzle and held it threateningly in Ethan's direction, with my hand resting over the faucet.

 He stopped sprinting and came to an abrupt halt, as he spotted the weapon in my hand. The angry expression on his face transformed into one of fear, and he eyed the hose in my hand with caution.