Chapter Twelve: Please remember

"Do I know you?"

Please don't tell me those words came out of his mouth. Does he know me? Of course, he does. I'm his little fox. How could he forget?

"Heatwave, it's me. (Y/N)," he just looked confused, "your little fox? You tamed me years ago."

"I don't know you," he said.

That hurt. I don't know why, but that hurt. What happened to him.

"Optimus?" I looked up at him.

"I tried to warn you, (Y/N). Heatwave lost his memory. He doesn't remember you, the Burns family, his team or where he is. All he remembers is signing up for the Rescue Bots Academy on Cybertron. Nothing more," Optimus explained, "can you explain to me what happened in the cave when you saw him. Any information is important."

"Not here."

I lead him away from the Firehouse and into the forest, away from everyone else. I didn't want Heatwave hearing what I had to say in case I say something I shouldn't have.

"Here will do," I said.

"What happened the cave?" Optimus asked.

"I saw a bunch of bots arguing over something, I don't know what, and a saw a wolf bot and Heatwave attached to a cable. I-I don't know what it was doing but my first instinct was to pull it off him before something bad happened. I think I made the wrong decision. I mean, look what happened to him. He doesn't remember a thing. This is all my fault! I-," I cut myself off because I was choking up, "I wish I came to you guys first then none of this would've happened."

"You care for him, don't you?" Optimus asked.

"I care for him because I love him. And now I can't tell him how I feel because he'll never feel the same way! I'd be surprised if he did before all this. Oh, he never would. We're different species, it would never work out."

I turned for him, hiding my tears.

"I once knew a bot named Powerglide. He fell in love with a human girl who was the head of Hybrid Technologies after her father passed away. She caused him a lot of trouble but they still fell for each other," I turned to Optimus with my head cocked to the side, "so you see, anything is possible. And since I taught Heatwave how to use is holoform, it would be like a normal human relationship."

"Optimus, he has no memory of anything me or you taught him. How could we form a relationship when he will never love me back?"

"Ratchet had a theory that you can get his memory back by doing or saying anything that might help him remember."

I thought for a moment, "I have a few ideas."

We went back and I did everything I could think of. The chasing games we played, life quotes I use a lot and I even tried faking that I was becoming untamed again so I could sing my song and do the dance but it didn't work. That was my last idea. I laid on the sofa with no hope left of getting the Heatwave I know back. I heard someone approach. I think that's Optimus. I'm not sure because I had my hands over my face.

"There's no hope in getting Heatwave back, Optimus. I've done everything I can," I told him.

"This isn't Optimus."

I know that voice. Heatwave. Just what I needed.

"What have you done?" Heatwave asked.

"Why should you care?" I asked taking my hands off my face and looked at him.

"Because you've been acting strange all day and then you tell Optimus something about losing hope of getting me back when I'm already here."

"You lost your memory of everything that's happened for the past, no doubt, hundreds of years and I wish for it to be back just like everyone else! Me especially because I love you!"

"I am me! I don't know who you are or who you are to me but I have never seen you in my life! I don't know what this 'love' thing is but I want no part of it! Now, will you please leave me alone and go back to where you belong, fox!"

I've never seen this side of Heatwave. He's so mad. Angry even. I decided to leave and have a walk around my old home when I stopped in my tracks.

"What now?" He asked.

"Remember, it's only with the heart that one can see clearly. What's essential is invisible to the eye," and I left.

But I heard Heatwave call out, "what in the Allspark does that mean?"

I gave no answer and left. I know he's never been able to figure out what I meant since the day I gave him the secret but, I'm hoping that'll spike a memory or all of them.

Heatwave's POV:

Finally, that fox is gone. But did she mean by it's only with the heart that one can see clearly. What's essential is invisible to the eye? Why have I heard that before? Something started coming back into my mind. Her. Hiding and running around in a forest. She was singing the song from earlier. I tamed her and now I'm responsible for her. Primus! I remember! I remember everything! Her, my mission, my team, the Burns family, everything! Oh, no! (Y/N)! I hurt her. I hurt my little fox. And she confessed that she loved me too! Oh, Primus, what have I done? I have to find her! Urgently! I rushed out to the forest to find her. I told her to go back where she belongs so I know exactly where she'll be. I found her sitting on a tree stump, sobbing. I transformed and activated my holoform. I called to her and embraced her, apologising profusely for what I said before and that I remembered everything.

"Oh, (Y/N). Please forgive me. I didn't mean what I said. Not one word. Please, please forgive me," I begged, looking at her.

"I forgive you, Heatwave. Do you really remember?" She asked.

"Everything! Coming to Earth, meeting you, the secret, the attack, everything! And I remember what you said in our fight. And I just wanna say, I love you too. I always have. And I understand your secret now."

"Took you long enough!"

She started nuzzling the side of my face which I was confused about. I asked her about why she was doing it. It's another fox thing. Since the foxes don't kiss, they nuzzle each other to show their affection. I did the same back but caught her off guard when I suddenly kissed her. Our first kiss. We separated and looked at each other in the eye.

"I love you, my little fox," I said.

"I love you too."

(A/N: that's all I got. See you next time)