The Man In Black:

It was a dull and miserable Winter day in February, the streets had been covered with snow which had now turned into Grey slush and slippery Black ice that could easily kill anyone if an accident occurred. Above the sky was a pale Grey colour with thick rain clouds slowly looming by.
It was going to rain, I could just feel it in my heart, I got out of the car with my suitcase and luggage and tapped on the door to my Aunt's house.
"Hello, Kat come on in," my Aunt Miriam said opening the door wider so I could enter.
My real name was Katerina but everybody called me Kat for short.
I was at my cousin Tulisa's house for a sleepover whilst her father was away on business in Egypt.
I dragged my suitcase inside and put it in the hallway, I took off my shoes and set my handbag on the sofa.
"You don't mind sleeping on the couch do you?" Miriam asked me.
"It's just that Tulisa's bedroom is cold and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable here as a guest."
"It's fine," I said unzipping my jacket and going into the hallway to hang it up onto the wooden peg.
I sat down on the sofa, Aunt Miriam went into the kitchen and came back with a glass of mango juice. I took the glass from her and thanked her.
"It's been a while since you came," Aunt Miriam said sitting on the sofa opposite me.
"Yeah I know, I have so many memories here," I said looking around the sitting room. The house was the same as it had been when I was growing up and visiting for sleepovers as a child. The walls were still Purple with a floral Lavender design as a border, the floor was Purple too, and the house was just as cold as it had always been, even in the Summer time it was freezing.
The only difference I noticed was that the carpet was a fiery Red when I was growing up but a few years later had been replaced with a soft Lilac shade. I liked it better, Purple was my favourite colour and I hated Red.
"Yes, I remember you used to come here all the time and I would take you and Tulisa to the park," Miriam smiled.
I remembered the memories so vividly, hot Summer days were spent at the park playing on the swings and an ice cream cone as a fun dessert was always included, sometimes the three of us would go for a walk in the woods that was next to the park. I would climb the trees there, run through the lush grass and pick up acorns and flowers but I would scream at the larger pine cones since I was scared of their tall strange shape.
I spent the rest of the evening talking and spending time with my Aunt Miriam and cousin Tulisa, we shared memories of our childhood and stories of what had happened.
It was now dinner time and we sat on the floor to eat since Aunt Miriam and Astoran's house was too small so there was no space for a dining table, Tulisa laid the mat onto the floor with some newspapers and Miriam set the plates down with the food, water jug and glasses and started to serve us.
"I made your favourite stew from when you were a kid," Miriam said lifting the lid from the pot. She dunked a huge spoon and started to pour the stew into my bowl.
"It smells amazing," I said thanking her as she passed me my bowl. I could smell the warm, hearty stew and it reminded me of my childhood. I started to eat spoonfuls of it until the bowl was empty.
"Would you like some more?" Miriam asked me.
"No thanks, I'm full up, but thanks for dinner," I said getting up to go wash my bowl and glass.
I got up and went into the kitchen as I started to wash my bowl with soap I felt a cold chill down my back and felt like somebody was breathing down my neck.
'This house is colder than I remember,' I thought to myself. I finished washing the bowl and was about to leave when I saw what appeared to be a man dressed in Black standing inside the bathroom.
"What the hell?" I shouted out loud.
Miriam and Tulisa ran into the kitchen.
"Are you okay?" Tulisa asked me.
"Yeah I'm fine," I said.
"What's wrong?" Miriam asked. "Why did you shout for?"
"Nothing, just thought I saw something."
"Well it's getting late, do you want to settle in for the night now?" Miriam asked me.
"Sure, I think it would be good. I need some rest I guess," I said.
I headed over to the other side of the room wishing them goodnight then I closed the curtains and waited for them to head upstairs and changed into my pyjamas.
I took my novel that I had brought with me out of my handbag, charged my phone up as the battery was declining and decided to read a few chapters before putting it down and closing my eyes.
It was around 03:00 AM but I couldn't fall asleep, I could hear the clock ticking on the wall. I turned to the other side of the sofa and I felt a hand touch my back. I felt uncomfortable and suddenly I wished I had brought my Great White cuddly toy with me because I usually slept with that at nighttime, I decided to ignore it thinking it was just a feeling because I always got those 'feelings' even in the daytime when people were around me so I closed my eyes.
It was a while later and I was in a night of deep sleep when I had a dream that there was a tall and muscular man who I saw in the bathroom standing near the sofa where I was sleeping, he was dressed in all Black and I couldn't see his face, he put his hands on my throat and he started strangling me and shaking me furiously like a doll I started feeling dizzy and I wished he would stop. I was panicking and saying "oh my God," over and over again but he would not stop strangling me and shaking me.
Then the nightmare ended and I opened my eyes.
I woke up panting as I looked around the living room but there was nobody there, it was still very dark, later that night I could not sleep because I thought that he was going to kill me and that if I stayed again he would have murdered me. I was not welcome in the house and he was warning me off I could just tell even if he didn't say anything.
The next day at breakfast I told my Aunt that some ghosts were living in her house and a man tried to kill me but she didn't believe me and laughed it off.
"It's just a dream. It wasn't real," she told me.
But in the back of my mind and inside my own heart I knew what I had witnessed and felt, her house was haunted and she had no idea about it because she wasn't a believer, a believer in the paranormal.