CHAPTER 1

Ella's POV:

My name is Abrielle Carter in short Elle. I am the only daughter of Daniel Carter of Carter & Co. and I have three older brothers who are very protective of me.

I was home schooled all my life because 'I am too fragile and innocent to face this world on my own' as they always said.

Now I am 24 and never been alone in the outside world which makes me go crazy thinking about it. I always got what I wanted home delivered including my clothes!!

I am done with living like that so I am about to do the most stupidest but also the most important thing in my life.

I am running away from my house not permanently but for a while, I just want to go face this world on my own before getting tied down again.

I turn around for one last time looking at the mansion saying "I will return in 10 days" and leave from there.

I had to take this decision because no matter how hard I try to tell them that I need space and my own life they would never understand and wouldn't let me go out without someone following me.

Hell! I don't even have a friend in my whole life except meeting few kids my age from few business functions where I would tag along with my family.

Even those kids were my brothers' friends because my brothers wouldn't let me out of their sight without them tagging along.

It is not that I don't like them because I love them to bits and pieces but it is also so frustrating because of how they treat me.

Everyone knows how I look because of the charity functions and other business related things I attended where the media is present and interested all about my family which includes me too.

So at present I am disguised wearing baggy clothes and dyed my hair to blonde instead of my brunette hair donning round big glasses.

I decided to grab some cash from the locker in my parent's room before I leave because I am smart enough to know they would track me if I use any of my cards.

It was a difficult task to leave my house with the tight security but after observing for days I found a loop hole where there is no security at 7 PM near the third gate when there is a shift change of guards.

I stay in San Francisco so I decided to go to Los Angeles which is neither too far nor too close and luckily there is a bus at 9 PM from here.

I went to the bus station asking for directions from people because I left my phone in my home since I knew they would track me down with that.

When I reached there was only 2 minutes left before the bus leaves so I hurried to the Vending machine to grab the ticket.

I was running towards the bus but it left just right before I could reach it in few steps.

"Urgh!" I gave out a loud frustrated sigh not knowing what to do in that situation.

I planned it all so well on how and where I would be living and what I would be doing all these 10 days but now it seems like all my plans have been crushed.

I gave up and sat there not knowing what to do in this situation.

Should I go back? Should I go somewhere else? Should I wait here all night and take the next bus?

I decided go to a nearby motel and stay there this night and catch the next bus which is in the morning.

I was leaving the station when I bumped into someone making me lose my balance and anticipate for the fall but a hand held me.