𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

3 weeks later—

aoba johsai is going against karasuno, it's been three weeks since i last talked to tooru, i'm glad he respected my decision on how i want our relationship to go. he gave me some space and i'm glad that he did. i was watching the match intensely as it was the third set and aoba johsai and karasuno were at a deuce. a spike came from karasuno as i saw the ball was headed towards tooru, karasuno was at a match point so i silently prayed that tooru would receive the ball.

he missed.

the audience went quite, but screams of joy soon replaced that silence as karasuno cried in joy and aoba johsai plummeted in defeat. i sunk to my seat, this was the third years last chance on making it to the nationals, tooru's last chance on making his dream come true. i stayed a little bit late as people started leaving. i walked over to the team and they greeted me weakly.

"you came? thank you, ___-san" iwaizumi said.

"hello iwaizumi-san, hello everyone" i greeted awkwardly. they simply waved, some didn't even wanted to look up from the ground. coach irihata took us to a restaurant he knows and we all ate it silence. i sat next to tooru, he was eating a lot, he asked for extra even though he had two or three bowls of ramen already. we soon arrived at school and everyone started to continue practicing as if they never lost. i sat at the bench in silence. i watched them practice intensely, sounds of volleyballs being spiked, blocked, and received filled the gym. no one was saying anything to each other, until—

"everyone, thank you for the last three years—!" tooru shouted.

everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over to tooru. tears soon started to flow as they cried together at their defeat. i silently wiped my own.

———

i was walking back with tooru and iwaizumi, we walked in silence as the atmosphere was rather tense and awkward. tooru broke the silence sooner or later.

"i can't believe you saw us lost, ___-chan" he said.

"everyone loses at some point of their lives, oikawa-san" i replied.

"i actually lost my last chance on making it to the nationals, i pulled the team back, i made everyone lost their chance too, including you, iwa-chan" he said holding back his tears.

"oikawa, we'll have our chance, we'll show the world who we are, and we'll make them remember who we are" iwaizumi said, putting his fist up. tooru smiled and soon put his own up, their fists collided, their eyes were determined. that fist bump probably meant a lot for them, i smiled at the sight and we continued walking throughout the dim lighted street.

we soon reached iwaizumi's house first and tooru and i continued walking towards my house.

"oikawa-san" i called, he turned towards me mouthing a 'what?'

"you'll make it, i know you will"

he laughed, "i hope so, ___-chan" he paused.

"and i hope you'll be there to see me"

4