𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙪𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

"happy graduation everyone!" matsukawa shouted in the middle of the field, the third years all around him shouted back in joy as we all celebrated our long awaited high school graduation

"___-chan.. you've been avoiding oikawa for this whole month.. you need to talk to him, he's leaving in a week" nareo reminded as we were walking around congratulating our other third year friends and classmates.

"i know i just-"

"oikawa-san congratulations!!" a few third year, second year, and first year girls surrounded him, giving him graduation gifts and praising him all together. the sight never bothered me back when i was dating him but now that i haven't talked to him in a while, the sight of him genuinely smiling to them kind of hurts me.

"oi!" iwaizumi smacked the back of tooru's head with the graduation scroll and the girls all panicked and quickly ran away, nareo and i laughed at the sight as iwaizumi and tooru approach us.

"congratulations you two, which college are you two going to?" tooru asked.

"coincidentally me and hajime-san applied for the same college! we plan on opening our acceptance letter together later after school" nareo replied.

"more like you followed me and applied there just to annoy me" iwaizumi joked.

"hey i'm genuinely interested in the school too!" nareo said punching his shoulder jokingly and they soon started laughing together.

i smiled at how well they get along, it's nice to see that they're not as awkward with each other as when they first met.

"what about you ___-chan, where are you applying?" tooru asked.

"i'm applying to a college in tokyo, my father recommended me to go to college there and i got accepted, i.. heard you're going to brazil oikawa-san?"

"yeah, i'm planning on improving my volleyball skills there" he replied.

"that's.. nice"

nareo and iwaizumi soon took notice of the awkward tension between me and tooru.

"hey, how about you two talk in private? hajime-san and i are going to go congratulate the others okay?" nareo said walking away with iwaizumi. tooru and i walked to the rooftop and we decided to continue talking there.

"oikawa-san, will you come back to japan? after college?" i asked.

"after finishing university in brazil, i'm going to argentina, i told you this before remember?" he laughed.

"oh i didn't expect you to immediately go to argentina after you graduate.."

"what's wrong ___-chan? you seem down, are you implying that you'll miss me when i leave?" he joked.

"yes, i'll miss you a lot, tooru" i said to him while holding back my tears, trying not to let them fall. "i think i.. i want to start over, at first i thought that being friends was the right path for us but.. now that i'm hit with the reality of possibility not seeing you again i just.."

he stood there quietly and looked at me surprised.

"i know you don't have feelings for me anymore because we've drifted apart quite a lot but.. i wanted to give us another try"

he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly, i weakly hugged him back.

"you know ___-chan, i've been waiting for you to say that you know?" he smiled. "of course i still have feelings for you, i've never said i've lost feelings for you have i?"

"tooru i'm sorry, i still want to be with you but now that you're going away for so long- i don't know when i could finally have the chance to see you again.."

"we'll see each other again, ___-chan" he said letting go of the hug and holding both of my hands in his. "2021, nationals, i promise i'll be there, will you promise me you'll watch me there?"

"i'm sure you'll keep your promise, so i'll make sure i keep mine"

———

"hajime-san" nareo called.

"hm?" he replied shortly.

"do you think ___-chan and oikawa will still be together despite you know.. not seeing each other for the next few years?" nareo asked.

"i'm sure they'll handle it well, i mean, they're still friends despite.. the incident"

nareo looked away upset. iwaizumi noticed and sighed, he ruffled her hair which caught her attention.

"i know you're sorry, don't do that again okay? move on from oikawa, i'm sure you'll definitely find someone else later on" iwaizumi said.

"i think i already found someone!"

"that fast? it's been only a couple of months. who is it anyway?"

nareo smiled at iwaizumi, "not telling" she winked and ran off leaving iwaizumi alone.

"you can't just leave me at that!" iwaizumi laughed and ran after her as the sun sets on their graduation day.

9