•2•

"Target in range, permission to shoot."

"Permission granted"

With those two words I snipe the target from my spot on top of a building across the road from the cafe, where the target naively sat.
Packing up my gun I go down to the first floor and to the car that Alex, my twin brother is waiting in.
"Nice shot."

"Thanks"

We drive back to the agency in a comfortable silence. The agency is a building that looks like an abandoned warehouse but it is actually very high tec. There are four underground levels one is a garage for all of the agents vehicles, one is for training and has our weapon rooms, and one is cells where we keep prisoners and have rooms for interrogations. The first floor on ground level is where the cafeteria and some offices are. The second and third floor are bedrooms to house the 30 or so agents that belong to the agency, and the fourth floor is offices for agents higher in the ranks. Then we have the fourth floor underground and one of the most important ones. The lab. I spend most of my free time here. We create our own chemicals and some weapons that we use. It is easier and safer then purchasing weapons from a weapon dealer because it makes it even harder for someone to track us down.

The jobs we do as agents are mostly done to people who deserve it. We will do stuff like snipe targets, to going undercover to stop the buying of nuclear weapons.

The agents here are ages 6-25. The ones in the field are 17-25 but the younger one live here while they are trained and taught how to be an agent. The agency takes in children from orphanages and basically makes them disappear. They make sure that no one will be able to track them down. We do get paid because when you reach a certain age, that is if you survive long enough because this job is extremely dangerous, we have the choice to leave the agency but we are sworn to secrecy and will be hunted down if we tell. They will give you a fake name and job and basically make it look like you didn't disappear off the face of the earth for the first 30 or so years of your life.

If you decide to stay at the agency but are old enough that you can't go into the field anymore you are given a position higher in the ranks to help organize missions and take care of stuff like that.

We pull into the underground garage and I quickly put my weapons away before heading up to my room to take a shower. I was about to start planning for some missions that we have talked about when the intercom in my room went off.
"Aria, Alex please come to the main office."

With a heavy sigh I head to the office on the top floor. The main office is where our boss works.

I get to his office at the same time that Alex does and we head inside.
Boss is standing at his window looking out at our outside training arena. He turns around and hands us a file.
"We have a very important mafia family who called about a problem they are having with assassins who keep attempting to take them out. They hired their own to take out the people who ordered the hits. I have chose you two since you are my most skilled assassins and agents. Just look over the files and get to know the targets. Their is a ball in three days that you two will be attending as guests. That is where you will execute them."
"Yes sir."
We left his office and on the way up to our rooms Alex asked "Do you ever wonder what our life would have been like?"
I sigh and look at him "All the time." I reply sadly.