Chapter 13

I wake up with a start when I hear noises around me. I quickly sit up and look around but I can't see anything. It's still dark and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the dark. My heart stops when I see something from the corner of my eyes. I run as fast as I can . I ignore the pain in my legs and keep running.

Suddenly, I slam into something and fall down. My hands shake as I look up and find myself in front of Preston.

" Done running?" He asks

" Get up!" He says but I'm frozen on the ground. I can't move an inch even if I wanted to. He strides towards me and hauls me on my feet . He starts dragging me with his men behind us .

I slipped and fell once or twice and he simply grabbed my hair and made me stand. I saw his men exchange glances. Embarrassment burned through me. When I told Preston that I couldn't walk anymore, he said that he would drag me by my hair so I quietly walked.

He didn't say a word when we reached the mansion. I was surprised when he took me to the back of the house. There hidden underneath leaves and branches was a door. He opened the door and ushered me in. The passage was long and narrow. There were doors on either side of us colored in red. I felt sick.

There was something off about this. Why would someone have a secret passage or rooms or whatever the fuck this was . There was a right turn but instead of going there , he stopped and started opening the lock to one of the single room in front of us. My blood ran cold as I saw more doors to my right. The passage seemed to go on forever. I didn't want to know what is inside these rooms and why there are so many rooms in the first place.

Preston pushes me inside and the door closes behind him , turning the room dark. There's not a single ray of light in this room. The room is built in such a way that nothing can be seen here but darkness. I see Preston take out a remote of some kind and the lights turned on in front of us. I gasped as I saw 2 people hanging like pigs right in front of me. I was so close to the woman that I could see her every pore , I staggered back feeling sick.

Bile rose in my throat as my gaze fell on the man. He was Charles , Demelio's secretary, whatever conversation we had with Demelio was done through him. No one had ever met Demelio or even spoken to him . Preston must have known this , that's why he never asked me for his whereabouts.

Preston suddenly comes behind me and drags me to a chair , I struggle but he somehow manages to make me sit on it. Before I can move he has already cuffed my hands in chains.

" Preston, I'm sorry , please let me go "

He presses one more button on the remote and one more light turns on to my left side. Horror strikes me as my gaze falls on the two children. They are hanged there like pigs . I look at Preston in horror.

" You know , I was going to let these children go but you ran away and now I'll have to kill them " he says as if that makes complete sense.

The woman screams in horror, " please don't kill my children . They are innocent , they are so young ! Please don't hurt them " she cries

" Preston , I'm sorry . Please don't hurt them. They haven't done anything. They are just children" I say

The man starts crying , they both are covered in blood. The womans dress is torn and tattered.

" Do you know her ?" Preston nods at me and asks the man and he nods.

" I have a deal for you " Preston says and continues, " I will let your kids go but you have to think of a way to kill her . The more creative you are , the more chances of saving your kids "

The man nods and I can't blame him , "You..you  cut her fingers one by one , remove her tongue and ..and gauge her eyes out and shoot her in the legs before shooting her in the head "

Preston laughs , " that's all you could come up with ?"

I cry feeling sick to my stomach.

" Rape her , make your men rape her and ..and cut her ears and " he continues looking paler and paler by seconds.

He is silenced when the deafening sound of gunshot resonates through the room. The woman screams in agony as blood seeps from her leg. The kids scream as the woman screams get louder and louder.

" Everything you said will be done to your wife , to your kids " Preston says

"Please ..please don't! I don't know where he is . I swear I don't. Please don't hurt my family " he cries .

" Stop crying"

But the man doesn't and then the woman drops down . Everyone goes silent for a second and then I see the blood gushing out of her head. I try to block out everything. I try to block the children's scream , their cries for their mother .

I can't look at Preston , I never thought he was capable of this. I never thought he would go to these heights to take his revenge.

I watch in horror as he points his gun towards the little girl. The girl cries silently.

'' Preston please ! Please don't hurt them. I'm begging you , they are just kids.. Preston please !'' I say and he turns his gaze towards me.

" I will shoot you instead then ?"

I don't say anything , I would rather give my life then see two kids getting killed in front of my eyes. Preston looks amused .

" You are willing to give up your life for these strangers?"

" They are kids ! They have nothing to do in this! How can you do this to them?" I scream

" Why do you care so much? Huh? "

I flinch as he walks towards me and taps the gun on my head , " should i kill you?"

I close my eyes as he presses the gun to the side of my head but he traces it  to my neck upto my chin and tilts my head up.

I don't look at him , I can't .

" Look at me" he says and I avert my gaze to his .

A tear slips from my eye and he wipes it with his thumb.

" I will let these kids live but if you do one little thing wrong , I'll shoot them in the head in front of you !" He says and I nod. Before I can fathom what's happening, the man drops dead . Preston keeps shooting him till he is out of bullets. I cry and sob , feeling disgusted. He turns to face me and tucks my hair behind my ear .

" Go to sleep now " he says and then stabs a needle in my neck. My vision goes dark in no seconds