chapter twenty three

_________________________________________

I walked hand in hand with Chloe as we exited her car . And I had to admit since her breakup with Henry ,two weeks ago we'd gotten pretty close.

And by close I mean I hadn't yet told her about what was really happening between Carter and I. I was so comic. Speaking of Carter I had not yet spoken to him since our last argument.

"Hi" came a hoarse voice out of nowhere making both Chloe and I look back stopping in our tracks as her red hair whipped my face.

We turned our heads , and behold a really good looking boy stared back at us. Seriously , did the British carve their own men because such perfection was so rare.

"Hello" we said in unison.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked looking at me which I only saw after looking behind me several times just to make sure his eyes were not playing a mind trick on me.

"Ummm..." I contemplated on what to say. Then Chloe pinched me and whispered " Go talk to the hot guy yolo" and I laughed

"Sure" I said as Chlo left us.

"My name is James" but I didnt ask for your name JAMES.

"Im Oliver and can you please make it fast I have somewhere to go" I'm not rude this stranger was just taking too long to speak I had a work shift in ten minutes.

"I usually see you in the library and you're usually there three times and you always have the best picks and your smile when you read is jus.."

"Please stop mumbling and get to the point" I finally snapped.

"Okay fine do you mind going out for coffee sometime?" He asked with an irresistible smile though not as irresistible as Carter's it still had an effect.

And just as I was about to speak.
"No" said Carter out of thin air as he placed his hand on my back and that's all it took for chills to run down my spine.

"Sure I'd love to" I grinned at the stranger removing Carter's hand from my back.

"I apologise" Carter said sincerely looking at the boy who had just asked me out " I really apologise but you see my girlfriend here makes rash decisions sometimes so please forgive her and move along as you can see she's taken" and that statement alone froze me .

I stood there rooted to the ground like a germinating onion as shock waves passed through my body. Girlfriend?he called me his girlfriend huh?.

And before I could protest the boy walked away. I was still in shock.

"You called me your girlfriend!" I yelled

"Are you not ?" He asked calmly holding me under his intense gaze making me blush and look aside.

"No no I am not.Your girlfriend is Payton" I fought back remembering the girl.

"You never really told me about her what's she like?" He asked amused.

"I'm sure you know her"