Chapter 72

the end is the beginning

Everything happened so quickly

plans are funny it is funny how you work something out in your head and it doesn't go to how you have planned. But I guess that is life. Because in life nothing goes to how you planned it. life always gets in the way. Nothing becomes perfect no matter how much you dream it to be. Life has some imperfect plan instead. But in this case, I had hoped that the odds would have worked in my favour. I was meant to shoot Shawn... I was meant to save my family... everything was meant to work out and I was meant to get out here with my family but of course, chaos is inevitable.

The one bullet was meant to me. The bullet what was fired from Shawn was meant to be my fate. I was meant to receive the bullet.

It was my fate.

I was ready for death, I was ready for my life to come to an end. I had bad things happened to me but I have learnt love, I have my family, and more importantly, I am happy with my life. So I would be ready to leave this earth. Because at least I got to heal my broken heart and learn what love is.

But unfortunately, I was meant to stay on this earth to remain broken.

Everything around me paused at that moment when the bullet fired... but in that second felt my heartbreak and the largest wave pain what I had ever felt forced its way through my heart. Because he jumped in front of me. My hero, my knight in shining armour. The true man who taught me I could be loved. The man who helped me heal and forget my demons. The one person I can talk too. the man I love the most in this world. The man who I was meant to save.

Tears fell down my eyes as dads eyes grew wide as he placed a hand over his bleeding chest. Only one second ago he jumped in front of me. but now I will be losing the one man who meant the world to me. Two more bullets fired and Shawn's and Ryan's limp cold bodies fell to the ground. I caught dad in my arms and used all my strength as I laid him down to the ground tears pouring down my cheeks. Alex ran over putting pressure on dads wound tears falling down out of his own eyes. All of my brothers had tears as they gathered around the hero.

"daddy it's going to be ok we are going to be ok." I sobbed out choking on my tears.

But we all knew this was the end.

Dad smiled weakly the colour and life in his eyes slowly draining out. "I-I love y-you, m-my s-sweet f-family." He managed to say weakly lightly coughing. Mum sobbed out caressing his head as he laid his head on her lap. "WE NEED TO GET HELP!" Louis yelled but his anger quickly turned into frustrated tears as he saw that more blood was starting to pour.

Death...

"I love you my children and sweet little girl p-please look out for each other." I felt arms wrap around me saying sweet nothings to me. I hid my face in Taylor's neck as the pain in my heart was getting more and more painful by the minute.