Chapter 5

Ramachandra Family

Tomorrow was the wedding and still Ananya was clueless about what to do. Priya called her a few times but her parents wouldn't allow Ananya to go out because according to the Ramachandra family, girls have to stay home once they are engaged. It is another baseless rule of this family.

She wanted to tell her family everything but she didn't have the courage to do it. “If I don't act now then I'll have to suffer, it's better to tell them everything”. Ananya thought and then somehow gained the courage to tell her family about everything.

“Amma, can I tell you something?” Ananya asked her mother.

“Yes Anu. Go ahead” Revathy said.

“I don't want to get married to Nikhil” making her parents shocked.

“Why?” Shekar asked as he came into the dining room, trying not to lose his calm.

“Appa, Nikhil is not who we thought he is. On our engagement day he said he's dating someone else. And he said he'll make my life hell if I marry him. He asked me to stop this marriage as he can’t talk to his family about it. Appa please, I don't want to marry him” Ananya pleads to her father.

“Anu, he's just joking. He's a nice person” Revathy said to her daughter.

“Then why did he say it?” Ananya asked her mother.

“Ananya, stop making excuses now. You had time to say no if you wanted to before the engagement. Now you can't just back out from this marriage. I'm sure you’re aware of our family rules” Shekar said, getting slightly angry.

“Anu, my child they're really rich people. It's your luck to get married to them. They have twice the money we have. You can lead a luxurious life after marrying Nikhil. You will have a lot of privileges as well” Revathy said trying to cheer her daughter up.

“Amma what's the point of having so much money and luxuries, if I'm not able to lead a happy and peaceful life. I'd rather get married to someone poor whom I can love rather than someone rich whom I don't love or won't give me happiness” Ananya said, fighting her tears.

Shekar got so irritated that he decided to slap his daughter. As he was about to do it, Varun interfered and shouted at his father to stop and said “don't you dare touch my sister. If she doesn't want to get married, then why are you forcing her Appa? At the end of the day she's the one living her life. Not you”.

“You can’t support your sister Varun. I know she has some hidden agenda. That's why she doesn't want to get married to him all of a sudden” Shekar shouted.

“What agenda Appa? Stop acting ridiculous!! What is wrong with you?” Varun asked his father, getting equally angry.

“Don't question me Varun. If Ananya does not get married to Nikhil tomorrow, then be prepared to see two dead bodies. Mine and your mother's.
I will be embarrassed and people will lose all the respect they have for me because of my daughter. And most importantly, I will lose a best friend because of you Ananya!!”

This made Ananya shocked.

“Why do you not understand your daughter Appa? Does she not have any value? Basically you’re sacrificing your daughter for your happiness. You are so selfish Appa!!!” Varun said, clenching his fist.

“Varun please stop. I am ready for this marriage Appa. Tomorrow I will be Ananya Nikhil Varma, don't worry” Ananya said to her father without showing any expression on her face.

“Varun, thank you so much for sticking up for me. At least I have someone to lean on and who loves me. Everyone else whom I thought loved me was just using me for their own benefit” after saying this, Ananya went back to her bedroom and poured her heart out. Her father and mother just pierced a glass into her heart. It pained her so much and she wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to get out of it.

Nikhil Varma

After their passionate night of making love, Nikhil and Shreya were laying on the bed naked under the blankets with Shreya's head on Nikhil’s chest.

“Thanks for yesterday baby. I enjoyed it” Shreya said to Nikhil in a seductive way.

“Mhmm. I should be the one thanking you Shreya. You are the one who's making it special each time we make love” Nikhil complimented his girlfriend.

Shreya was clearly using Nikhil to get opportunities in the modelling world as she knew Nikhil had many links and contacts with the most influential people. Already she had bagged two big projects because of him.

“Nikhil, will you still love me and make love to me after getting married to that village girl?” Shreya asked Nikhil about her doubts.

“Of course I will. We will still continue the way we are even after I marry the village girl” Nikhil assures Shreya and also said “believe me Shreya, she is nothing compared to you. Compared to her, you’re so beautiful and talented”.

“Aww! That's nice of you Nikhil. Does she have any qualifications?” she asked him.

“Nobody has told me about her qualifications. But to me, she looks like she doesn't have many qualifications. I'm not bothered as I'm going to divorce her anyway after a few months. I told her to back off from this marriage but she hasn't made any move so far. So I guess she wants to suffer. The only reason I'm getting married to her is because of the horoscope issues. Again that's a stupid reason to get me married but I have to listen otherwise...” Nikhil said with anger.

“That village girl sounds like she doesn't have any qualification and is a gold digger. Anyway I'm here for you. Whenever you’re sick and tired of seeing that village girl’s face, you can always come to me. I know ways to calm your mind up and we can always find ways not to give her a peaceful life” Shreya said hugging him even tighter under his waist making Nikhil smile.

“I love you Nikhil”

“I love Shreya”

Soon both Nikhil and Shreya got into the mood and made love again. 

............... ............. ................. ............ ...

How will Nikhil treat Ananya after marriage ?

Opinion on the Ramachandra family ? They were a bit horrible today weren't they ?

But wasn't Varun a supportive brother ?

Opinion on Shreya ?

Is Ananya or Shreya the gold digger ?

Many of you told me in the last chapter to make Ananya stronger, as the story progresses she will become a completely different Ananya who would not take shit from anyone.

Please keep the votes and comments flowing.

Will come soon with the chapter !! Till then please do stay connected