Chapter 18

A single tear dropped from Ananya's eyes standing in front of her brother's grave. Before leaving the grave yard one last time Ananya looked at Varuns gravestone and what it was said on the gravestone -

Varun Ramachandra
Age 28
A loving son to Shekar and Revathy and a loving brother to Ananya

Yes Varun was not just a loving brother, he was a protective and caring brother. To make it simple Varun was Ananya's pillar of strength more than her brother. After Varun's death Ananya was more traumatised than ever, it took Ananya a while to come out from the shock and trauma. She lost 3 people close to heart in the span of few weeks. Her mom and dad on one day followed by her brother a few weeks later. For Ananya what made her parents death more painful was the fact that she was ignoring them, Ananya is still struggling to get over it.

One lessons Ananya learnt from losing her close ones is that you don't realise the value of something until they're no more. Ananya now very well knows the pain of losing close ones.

Clutching onto Nikhil's hands for support Ananya asked Nikhil in front of Varun's gravestone "Nikhil, why did God call my family back ? like Varun was only starting his life he had a long life in front of him"

Nikhil wrapped his arms around Ananya's shoulder and said to her "Anu God plucks the flowers he likes most in his garden, they're in an much happier place than earth Anu now".

Another tear streamed down Ananya's face, noticing the tear falling from Ananya's face Nikhil wiped the tear and face palmed Ananya's face and said to her "Anu I don't want to see you crying anymore, you have to accept the fact that your brother and parents have left you and is in a much better place now, it would just upset them more seeing you cry constantly. You have to move on Anu, it may not be so easy but eventually you have to come back to life." Nikhil said staring into Ananya's dark brown eyes.

"What's the point Nikhil ? Who am I living for ? It better if I just end my life too at least you will  .... "

Nikhil quickly covered her mouth with his hands and said "Anu !! Stop the negativity, you have a lot of people in this world who loves you and cares for you" Nikhil said

"Like who ?" Ananya wanted to hear more from Nikhil ....

"Like your friends, extended family and  ..." Nikhil stopped

"And ?" Ananya asked curiously

"And me, I do care you for you Anu, I don't hate you one bit Ananya. I'll always be there for you in the place of your brother" Nikhil assured her

How can my husband be here for me in the place of my brother ? Ananya thought in her mind, but she didn't say it out loud. She knew that Nikhil too will leave her one day making her alone.

Flashback

When Nikhil and Ananya had reached the hospital Varun had already passed away. Priya was standing outside the ICU crying using all the strength she had "why is God so cruel Nikhil ? Why didn't he listen to my prayers Anu ?" Priya questioned both Nikhil and Ananya. But Ananya was stood there like a statue, she felt numb and felt as if she couldn't move.

Throughout Varun's funeral Ananya remained silent, she didn't speak to anyone or even cry. Priya was at least expressing her feelings by crying her heart out but Ananya she wasn't expressing her feelings in any shape or form, Nikhil knew that Ananya's silence was dangerous.

At last when during the funeral when they were going to pick up Varun's body Ananya shot a death glare at everyone who were picking up the body "Don't you dare take my brother away from me !!!" Ananya screamed.

She then started crying and wrapped her hands around Varun's body and cried as hard as she could. Nikhil tried numerous time to move Ananya from the body but she was stubborn and stayed there, finally Nikhil forcefully pulled Ananya from Varun's body and wrapped his hands around Ananya's body so she wouldn't stop them from taking Varun's body. It was already getting too late, before it got too late they wanted to bury his body.

Ananya tried to get away from Nikhil's grip but Nikhil was holding Ananya das he tight as he could, she even hit Nikhils chest in process of trying to get away but Nikhil didn't allow her to leave his grip.

Opposite where Nikhil was standing Priya was screaming and crying, over there Nikhil's father and mother was struggling to keep Priya still. Nikhil felt really bad for his sister, he knew really well how much Priya loved Varun. Priya and Varun had been in love from a very young age and Priya had high hopes for her married life with Varun but he left Priya before they had the chance to get married. A week before Varun's accident Priya had mentioned to Nikhil about making her marriage process faster with Varun.

Some days later Ananya was admitted to a psychiatric hospital because her mental state was really getting out control, Nikhil wasn't able to cope anymore. At first Nikhil thought it'll change after few sessions of counselling but as days passed it Ananya's condition worsened that she started self harming herself like she tried to cut her wrist but because Nikhil saw it before she did anything he managed to remove the blade from her hands hurting his own hands. Ananya also started getting hallucinations and wasn't being herself at all

After Varuns death Nikhil slept alongside Ananya keeping his distance, because he wanted to keep an eye on her so she doesn't do anything.

It hurted Nikhil a lot to see Ananya in this condition which is why Nikhil took her to a psychiatric hospital. Nikhil used to visit her almost everyday in the hospital.

At this point Shreya was starting to get really annoyed at Nikhil, he wasn't giving her any attention. Everytime she called Nikhil he would end the call quick as possible and if they speak it's about Ananya and the tragedy she has faced. However, Shreya was really happy and overjoyed hearing about Ananya's  condition.

Priya was In complete depression as well she was visiting a psychologist 2 days a week. Priya had also made an shocking revelation that she was pregnant with Varun's child, Priya's parents were so angry at first for having sexual relations before marriage and even forced her have an abortion but Priya was stubborn to give birth to Varun's child and raise it even if no one was there for her. Nikhil supported his sisters decision.

Eventually as time passed Ravinath and Parvathy came in terms with the fact that Priya was pregnant and they had to be there for their daughter in whatever choice they're daughter is making about the child. Also they no longer forced Priya for an abortion as the realisation hit them them that Priya was carrying their grandchild.

And Finally after 2 months of treatment Ananya had finally been discharged. She hadn't fully recovered yet but she had made really good progression. After Ananya returned home Nikhil again stopped going to work to look after Ananya.

.................................................................

How was this chapter?

Varun's no more !!!

I know that many of readers wanted Varun to live but I'm really sorry guys !!!

Also the story will start getting a bit more positive soon just bear with me :)

Nikhil's attitude has improved a lot right?

Poor Ananya !! Let's hope she'll recover soon from this tragedy!!

And of course poor Priya.... what do you all think about Priya keeping her child ? Will she move on or carry on living her life with the memories of Varun ?

Please ignore the grammatical errors !!! Will edit the chapter soon !!!

Will come back soon with another chapter