Chapter 28

Ananya was setting of to Kochi today, along with her Devi and a small team was also going with Ananya to support her work assigned by Mr Moorthy. Last week Mr Moorthy told her that the company she has to coordinate the event for is celebrating their 50th anniversary and he revealed that the name of the company is VARMA ARTITECHTURE.

Shocked was an understatement for Ananya !!! She didn't want to face Nikhil or work for him. Ananya tried her best to back out from his work but Mr Moorthy threatened to fire her if she doesn't manage this work . Mr Moorthy assigned Devi as a helper for Ananya and assigned a small team to make it easier for her to manage the work. It was very important for Mr Moorthy to successfully complete this project for a growth in his own business and so he'll get projects of more influential people.

I'm going there for professional duties there's no need to worry ... Ananya tried to convince herself and calm herself down. Devi felt as if something wasn't right, she asked Ananya a few times that if she was ok but Ananya assured her everything's fine and she's just stressed about the work they're going to do there.

But somewhere in her heart Ananya felt as if it was going to be the turning point of her life ...

Finally after an hour of their plane journey they reached Kochi airport and was directed to a five star hotel near Nikhil's Company. And to sum up Ananya's worry Devi told her that an appointment was scheduled tomorrow for Ananya with Mr Nikhil Varma to discuss the event. Ananya tried her best to convince Devi to attend the meeting tomorrow instead of her so she doesn't have to face Nikhil. But Devi was keen for Ananya to attend it because Ananya was the head of the team.

Ananya felt as if the time was going very slowly, she wanted time to move on as quickly as possible so she can get over this business and go back to Bangalore as soon as possible.

- - - - - - - - -

She had to face Nikhil today ......

Ananya woke up early in the morning as the meeting was scheduled at 9am. After taking a hot shower she wore a salwar and neatly tied her hair into a ponytail her heart was telling her to make an effort today with how she look but Ananya ignored it. After packing everything she needs for today, Ananya waited outside the hotel as she was told that someone from the company will come and pick her up. As each second passed by Ananya's heart rate was increasing making her more and more stressed.

Eventually the driver came to pick her up and within a blink of an eye she reached Nikhil's company. A lot of memories rushed through Ananya's mind seeing the building. That day they had spent together....

Slowly Ananya got out of the car and walked towards the building. As soon she she got in she went to the reception and told the reception staff about her meeting with Nikhil, immediately she was taken into Nikhil's office. "Sir isn't here yet, please wait  here"said the staff  and left.

As each second passed on Ananya was feeling nervous, she tried her best to build confidence in herself and convince herself that it's just a professional meeting nothing else.

Few seconds later Ananya heard some footsteps and within seconds Nikhil stood in front of her, both their eyes met and a wide range of emotions passed through both of them. Nikhil was more than shocked seeing Ananya right in front if him after three years. For Ananya all those all old memories came back to her and she thought that he looked more handsome now after growing that styling beard with his shirts rolled up.

Nikhil didn't exactly know why Ananya was here so without giving much attention to her Nikhil started walking into his office. "Sir I have a meeting with you at 9" Ananya said being as much formal as possible.

Sir ?

"What's it for ?" Nikhil asked Ananya in a very cold tone.

"I am the event coordinator for your company's 50th anniversary.". Ananya replied

Oh she's working as an event coordinator now ? That means shes in Banglore now ...  Nikhil thought and gestured her to come into his office.

Again memories flashed in front of Ananya's eyes .... that day they shared those romantic moments !!!

Nikhil thought that she looked much more paler and thinner now compared to how she was before but he thought that she still hasn't lost her charm.

"Take a seat" Nikhil said. Ananya clutched onto the files even more tightly and hesitantly took a seat.

"So the event is exactly one week today, I have booked a hall in the Taj restaurant. I would like you to looked after rest of the matters..." Nikhil was saying..

And there conversation continued and ended exactly half an hour later. They both didn't mention their past and acted as if they both didn't know each other.

"Thank you sir" Ananya said and put her notebook into her bag and got up from the chair to leave. Just as she was leaving Nikhil hesitantly asked her "Ananya are you ok ?"

Ananya slowly turned around nodded at Nikhil and rushed out to leave from his office and from that awkwardness. Nikhil gently brushed his hair with his hands and slowly went to the past.

Nikhil couldn't forget everything happend in his life, he's not blaming Ananya for anything happend in his life but Shreya and few others that were once close to him.

Nikhil is scared to trust people now, he has learnt his lesson and since then Nikhil is leading a very isolated life, Nikhil is now only living for his grandfather, parents, Priya and for little Shree Lakshmi. Now a days Nikhil always keeps himself busy and picked as much work as he possibly could.

After telling his parents and rest of the family reason for Ananya leaving him nobody blamed Ananya but only Nikhil. However, once the truth was revealed they regretted blaming Nikhil for everything. After that Nikhil was pressured a lot to marry again but he avoided that topic like a plague, Nikhil made himself busy mainly because he wanted to avoid that topic.

Nikhil was scared to love again after the scars people have left, infact he is even doubtful if he would be able to love again because somewhere in his heart his feelings for Ananya is still there even though Nikhil doesn't want to accept it.

Every single day Nikhil reminds him that he's over Ananya and the chapter of love is closed in his life. But even he knows that it isn't over it yet ...

And today after meeting Ananya 3 years later his adrenaline has started working again.

.........................................................................

How was this chapter guys ?

So Ananya has met Nikhil after 3 years .....

Will they both be able to get over the past ?

Who's eager to know what happened in Nikhil's life after Ananya left ?

Will they both end of together or not ?

What may have happend to Shreya ? Is she still with Nikhil ?

Sorry for the delayed update guys ...

Please pray for me... will mean a lot !!!