~Chapter Seven~

-No POV-

L was sitting like he usually does as Y/n sat on the armrest of the chair he was in, he was talking to the rest of the Kira Task force. "So then, I'd like to ask for Light Yagami's help with the investigation, while keeping the possibility of a second Kira from him." L spoke and Y/n nodded a little. The rest of the detectives looked to each other and Matsuda said "but.. Wouldn't that make it difficult for him to help us?" he asked and Aizawa looked to Y/n and L, "yeah, why even ask for his help?" he asked and L held out the first tape, "no, we will only keep that part from him until he's watched this first tape and given us his opinion." L spoke and then Y/n smiled a little, "after that we will include him and go after the second Kira together" she spoke softly, by now she felt completely comfortable around all the detectives. It was very rare for her to giggle or do anything insane.

L looked at the other detectives and said "Light's reasoning ability is quite amazing. After seeing this pair, he may conclude that there's a second Kira. I'd like to see his reaction to seeing all of our evidence and this tape." Matsuda looked over at the black haired insomniac and said "but this 'second Kira' theory is just because you think the victims were the types of criminals that Kira hasn't touched, right?" he asked and Y/n nodded a little but said "it's more than that Matsuda, the Kira we have been investigating needed a name and a face to kill them. But that time on the TV station, cops who just happened to show up were killed. And this Kira seemed confident he could kill Ryuzaki as long as he showed his face on television. This means that the second Kira can kill knowing only a person's face. This is different for the Kira we have been chasing." she spoke softly, Matsuda nodded a little and then Aizawa spoke up "what if our information was wrong, or Kira's abilities have changed?" Chief Yagami then looked over to Aizawa and spoke " if that were the case, Kira would Kill the major criminals whose names he hasn't been able to find out." he spoke firmly.

L then spoke out again, "if after getting updated in our investigation and seeing the tape, if Light dedicated that there could be a second Kira, the suspicion against light will be mostly cleared" Y/n looked over to her secretive boyfriend with a shocked expression, along with everyone else in the room. "What do you mean, Ryuzaki?" Chief Yagami asked, L looked at his tea and said "Kira would want L dead no matter what, that's obvious from the Lind L, Taylor incident. If I go before the TV cameras and die in three days, then the number of possible suspects will be spread throughout the world. I don't see how Kira would want to spoil such a perfect opportunity." Aizawa looked to L and said "but either way it might not change the fact that you'll die. Why would merely suggesting a second Kira clear him of suspicion?" he asked and Y/n flinched at the mention of L dying. She doesn't like the thought of the one person she loves dying. "If the sender of the video is a second Kira, then there are ways to stop him. At the very least the second Kira agrees with Kira's actions. I'm thinking he would follow orders from the real Kira. That means there's a chance we can stop him by creating a fake message from the real Kira. If Light is Kira, then I don't think he'll mention the possibility of a second Kira until he's confirmed my death."

Matsuda rubbed his head a little and said "this is a little confusing to me.." Y/n sighed a little and said "we think the second Kira will listen to the first Kira, so we might make a fake message to the second Kira saying that we are the real Kira. Ryuzaki thinks that if Light is the first Kira, he wont talk about a second Kira until Ryuzaki is dead" she explained and Matsuda nodded, "got it"

"Then you're saying your suspicion of my son will grow if he doesn't mention that there's a second Kira?" Chief Yagami asked and Aizawa spoke out as well "yeah that's a little harsh." L looked at his tea again and said "no, in that case my suspicion will stay at five present. I'll reveal that we are investigating under the theory of a second Kira and have him assist us." everyone was silent for a moment before L smirked a little "and just in case from now on, use your fake names even here, and Watari will not be coming here anymore. He will always be on the outside, as another L who only I know." Then a computer with a Gothic letter L spoke, "understood Ryuzaki" it said and all the detectives looked a little shocked, "we're going that far?" Aizawa asked quietly and Y/n turned to Yagami, "well then, if Light is on with it have him come here secretly as soon as he can" The Chief nodded and pulled out his phone, "all right" he spoke as he started dialing Lights number. Y/n looked to the detectives and spoke, "just so you know the insane me is going to be back when Light is around. I'm not comfortable with him." she spoke softly and L placed his hand onto her shoulder, when she looked at him he gave her a small smile which she returned. Matsuda smiled at her as well and said "that's ok Y/n! Take the time you need we all understand" Y/n smiled at him and got up, she ruffled his hair as she walked away into the small kitchen, digging into her pocket Y/n pulled out an Apple flavored Lollipop, unwrapping it and placing the hard candy into her mouth. She planned on waiting in the kitchen until she felt it was right to walk and greet Light, seeing as she wasn't comfortable around him.