Chapter 23 - All Might

*Y/N POV*

We watch as All Might and 'All for One' repeatedly smash into each other, with the latter rarely faltering as the symbol of peace becomes weaker, but still smiling for the camera.

The crowd watching the screen is completely silent, and completely still. It's like the eye before a terrible storm.

"You can do it All Might!" Someone in the crowd shouts, although the recipient for sure can not hear it.

It ripples through the crowd, varying as different people replicate the call.

"Come on All Might!"

"Beat the villain All Might!"

"You can win All Might!"

Soon, the entirety crowd is cheering, calling the name of the symbol of peace and watching intently as he repeatedly fires his fists into the villain.

"I'm going to-" I get cut off.

"No. If All Might is stuggling against the villain, there's no way you can be there." Iida shuts me down.

"He might die if I don't help him!" I argue back.

"No." Iida says sternly. "I am worried for him too, but he has got help with him, and we can't risk you being hurt."

I try to protest, but the collective attention of the square is now even more fixed on the screen.

I look to Midoriya.

He's gritting his teeth, tears in his eyes as he helplessly watches on as the person he looks up to most is beaten by something unthinkable.

Everyone gasps as All Might is thrust backwards and towards the helicopter that is filming the battle, only for him to be caught and thrust away by a small yellow blur.

————————————————————
*All Might POV*

"Toshinori, calm down!" Gran Torino tells me as we fly through the air, after a very narrow miss with the media coverage helicopter. "This is the same as 6 years ago! You were so caught up in his challenge that you let him escape, and then he made a hole in your stomach!"

I nod as my teacher tells me not to talk to him.

"His fighting style and quirk seem completely different from last time! You won't be able to get a good hit head-on, you'll have to be tricky!" He instructs. "Can you move? Now is the time to go beyond your limits, it's do or die time!"

"Yes sir." I say back to him gruellingly, standing up and coughing as I do so.

"I'm a little conflicted." All for one begins to say. "The trust in heroes that Tomura steadily chipped away at, I wonder if it's okay for me to land the decisive blow? But you know, All Might, as much as you hate me, I hate you in the same way. I killed your maste-"

"Don't talk about her!" I shout at him.

He pauses for a brief moment, before continuing his monologue as if nothing happened.

"But you took away the things I built up too, right? That's why I want you to die the most ugliest and most gruesome death possible!"

I growl as he speaks, and he powers up his quirks, his arm growing inside his suit jacket as he fantasises.

"A big one is coming, dodge it and counterattack!" Gran Torino shouts, jetting away quickly.

I ready myself for the air blow as All for One raises his arm and points it at me, but out of the corner of my eye, I see a civilian crawling in over the rubble of the building.