𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

♢♦♢JUST FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT OPPOSED TA OPENIN' THE DOOR AND JUST TOSSIN' HIM OUT LIKE A POTATO SACK I BET HE'LL BOUNCE BACK ONCE HE HITS THE GROUND ♢♦♢

♢♦♢
JUST FOR THE RECORD, I AM NOT OPPOSED TA OPENIN' THE DOOR AND JUST TOSSIN' HIM OUT LIKE A POTATO SACK I BET HE'LL BOUNCE BACK ONCE HE HITS THE GROUND
♢♦♢

Alice keeps up with them, practically trying to race Edward down the interstate. They're in a race, a race to get to Bella. The driver flies past several cars as horns blare and hand gestures come flying out of windows. They both weave in and out of traffic as he listens to Alice's thoughts to see which move she is going to make next, making their driving seem synchronized.

A semi truck makes it impossible to pass. So Alice and him both move into the emergency lane. He is finally hitting fifth gear as their exit loom into view. He pushes the car faster as they turn off the exit.

Highway fifty-one, Emmett acknowledges.

He sees the mental map in his mind as he realizes it would be a grueling thirteen point nine miles until they reach their next turn. There are seven cars waiting at the red light right off the interstate.

They can make it without any accidents if they time this right. Alice pictures their best move through traffic and running the red light ahead of them. They separate, moving together but separately as they fly through gravel and side shoulders to pass the many waiting cars. At the exact same time, they fly through the red light, both of their back ends sliding out sideways. He puts his car into first gear and throws his foot down on the accelerator. Tires squeal and smoke billows out behind them as the car lurches forward.

Again, Alice and him drive in an intricate pattern in and out of traffic as she predicts the traffic light outcomes and their best possible routes.

"Have you heard this new Taylor Swift song," Harley Quinn casually asks behind him as she leans in to increase the volume of the song on the radio. "It's sooo good."

Edward glances at her through the rear-view mirror. How the hell is she not worried? Does she realize how much danger Bella is in? Her relax state seems to irritate him, because as soon as he reaches a stop light, he turns his head to glare at her. His glare is so strong and fearful, it'd make anyone squirm.. well, except for her. "Listen, and listen good. When we get there, you will wait here. You don't touch anything, say anything, or do anything unless I, or the others tell you. Got it?"

Harley puts her hands up defensively. "All right, sheesh. Calm down, will ya? You're worse-r than my mother."

His nose flares with anger towards her casualness. He snaps his head forwards and focuses back on the road, the drive quiet. The only thing you can hear is Taylor Swift's voice playing in the radio.

"Yeesh, ya make one little mistake and they never letcha forget," she whispers behind him, fiddling with the straps of her duffle bag. She catches the hard look he flashes her, so she leans into Emmett's ear and smirks. "Just for the record, I am not opposed ta openin' the door and just tossin' him out like a potato sack. I bet he'll bounce back once he hits the ground."