𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡

♡♦♡I LOOK AT MY SON HIS STRENGTH, HIS GOODNESS, THE BRIGHTNESS THAT SHINES OUT OF HIM, AND IT FEEDS THAT HOPE, THAT FAITH MORE THAN EVER HOW COULD THERE NOT BE MORE FOR ONE SUCH AS EDWARD♡♦♡

♡♦♡
I LOOK AT MY SON
HIS STRENGTH, HIS GOODNESS, THE BRIGHTNESS THAT SHINES OUT OF HIM, AND IT FEEDS THAT HOPE, THAT FAITH MORE THAN EVER HOW COULD THERE NOT BE MORE FOR ONE SUCH AS EDWARD
♡♦♡

In the kitchen, Harley is sitting on the table, opposite of Alice and Carlisle. Alice watches the warm blood pour down her best friend's leg and stop at the floor. Carlisle is trying his best to control the blood flow by mopping up her blood whilst removing the shards of glass, but it's a serious cut she has.

"I should maybe follow Edward out," Alice suggests before striding out without a second glance at Harley's wound.

Carlisle and Harleen are all alone now. He's in the process of removing a second shard of glass from her upper thigh. She releases a deep and tired sigh, placing a hand on the side of her face. "Talk 'bout a killer party, am I right," she jokes with a nervous chuckle, trying to not look at the loads of blood flowing out of her.

He drops the shard into a metal bowl and smiles at her. He was one of the first people to notice her drastic change of appearance when she started to transition from Harley to Harleen. "It's not your fault. Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as the rest of us."

"Right. The famous vegetarian diet," she whispers, smiling. It wasn't until she started dating Edward that she was informed on their special diet. Instead of eating from humans, they eat from animals.

Carlisle laughs at her joke as he carefully cleans out her wounds. "Yes, the 'vegetarian diet.'"

Harleen stares at him as he unwraps a roll of gauze. ".. But it doesn't affect you, does it? Why's that?"

"What doesn't?"

"My blood," she clarifies, and he instantly understands her question.

"Centuries of practice," he answers in all honesty. There's no cure for the lust for blood a vampire feels. But centuries of being a doctor and working with humans has definitely helped. Though he sometimes catches himself slipping, he always controls himself before he can cause any harm.

"Do you ever think of living different? Like, the traditional vampire," she asks another question, one which genuinely interests her.

His golden eyes flicker over to hers and he takes a step back, curious. "Has Edward ever told you?"

She shakes her head. He's only ever given her a quick rundown of his family's past out of respect for them.

He smiles. "My father was an Anglican priest in London, England," he starts whilst putting some finishing touches on her knee, sticking a huge, white bandage on it. "He has a rather harsh view of the world, of people, which I was already beginning to question before my transformation."

She silently watches as he goes around the table to the counter, where he pulls something out of a large bag from the cabinet. When he comes back to her, he is holding out a red lollipop towards her.