Chapter 11

Not me updating twice

I wake up to a knock at the door.

"Come in," I call out sleepily.

"Rise and shine, darling," Killian sings. "I brought croissants."

I glare at him. "Since when do you knock?"

"A-ha!" Killian yells and jumps on the bed, making me yelp. "I knew you liked waking up to me underneath you!"

I kick him in the stomach, inciting a grunt of pain out of him, which makes my smile genuine.

"This is how you treat the person bringing you breakfast?" Killian groans, holding his stomach.

I shrug, taking a croissant. "Remember this moment the next time you teleport underneath me."

"Oh, darling, I'll take a thousand kicks if it means getting to hear your adorable, content sighs just once," Killian winks, and dodges another kick I send his way.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, and the concern in his voice makes my guilt even worse, even though I know he's only worried I'll die before helping him find the wolves.

"Fine," I lie. Truth is, I felt weak today. Yesterday had drained my strength, and badly. Usually sleep helped rid my post-vision hangover, but not even the fourteen hours I slept seemed to help much. At least I wasn't vomiting blood anymore.

That's what we call progress, folks.

"Good," Killian exhales in relief. "Sure you're able to come with us? Everyone will understand if you need some more time to rest up."

I roll my eyes. "I'll be fine, thanks. Like I'd miss out on the chance to see the Viatoribus," I say in excitement.

Amusement sparkles in Killian's eyes. "They'll love you there."

I frown. "What?"

He gives a crooked smile. "Don't worry about it, dear. Now get your lazy Seer ass out of bed and get ready."

I wind my arm back to throw the rest of the croissant at him, but he disappears, leaving me scowling to myself.

Once I step out of bed, I almost hurl with nausea. I feel light-headed, and my bones feel like Jell-O. I would have to get a grip on this before Killian sees, or there was no way he would let me come.

I put on my black skinny jeans, boots, dark red tank top, and my gloves. When I go downstairs, the circulus is already waiting, even Maryn being on time for once.

"Alright. Knox, Jae, Layla, and Gabe will search this location," Killian points to an x on the map. "Maryn, Kage, Katrina and I will take the other one. Whoever finds the Viatoribus first, mindlink the other group. If my group finds them, I'll come get the rest of you right away. Any questions?"

Gabe raises his hand, and Jae elbows his ribs. "You don't have to raise your hand, moron," She whispers.

Gabe ignores her. "Won't the Viatoribus kill first, ask questions later?" He asks.

Killian hands him one of the leather cuffs. "Don't engage with them before mindlinking me unless if you have to. If they see you first, show them this. They won't hurt you."

Gabe clutches the leather tightly, but still looks terrified. I felt confused by his fear. Killian had said to Ares and I once in Blood Lake that the Viatoribus were peaceful.

Oh wait.

He said mostly peaceful.

The rest of the circulus don't appear to share Gabe's anxiety, seemingly much more relaxed, if not eager to get started.