Chapter one

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

James Potter never assumed he would get the auburn-haired woman that he loved since he was 13. His thoughts went to his latest want. He wanted a child and Lily knew that. That was why he wasn't at all surprised when she delivered the news and said that she was pregnant. Now, the real shock was when they went for her third check-up. The healer marveled at the site of the magical ultrasound and said that they were really lucky. "You are having twins." She whispered to them. Lily beamed and said, "James, did you hear that! They are two." James nodded his head and beamed. He couldn't help the smile that erupted from him although there was a voice that said that this was not the cause for celebration. the problem was not money, the Potter fortune he had inherited from his father could make them live comfortably with their children until they died of old age. No money was not the problem. Little people knew that the Potter family had a seer in it. It was faint on James but sometimes he would get this feeling that something was going to go wrong it was one of the reasons they never got caught after a prank. Some considered it to be like liquid luck, but he knew deep inside that something was going to go wrong.

On the planes of Scottish land, a headmaster dressed in mauve robes was out looking the grounds of Hogwarts: School of witchcraft and wizardry. He was thinking about the new raid of death eaters and what he could consider out of Snape. He knew he was a death eater, but he had no proof what so ever to make assumptions. He sighed and went back inside the castle. As he was making his way to his chambers he heard the voice of Sybil Trewlany the divination teacher at the fine institution. He was worried about his co-worker as he made his way toward her classroom. What he heard unnerved him.

"Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives-" she was cut off at the sudden interruption from the headmaster and did not get to finish the prophecy. The headmaster did not hear the rest of the prophecy and he knew that there was more as she was left mid-sentence. He knew what happened to unfinished prophecies, they would someday be said again by a different seer. But until that day Albus Dumbledore, leader of the light had to wait.

What he didn't hear though, was the most important part and could have saved Harry from the darkness of his own heart. Dumbledore knew who the prophecy was referring to. No one but him, the Potters and the Longbottoms have defined Tom three times. He had to pay a visit to the Potters and Longbottoms.

He checked the child within Alice Longbottom and knew that it couldn't be the child of the prophecy. The child had a small magical core, it couldn't be powerful enough to defeat Lord Voldemort, no it had to be the Potter child, he had no idea Lily was bearing twins.

Lily and James were preparing dinner when their floo network went off. Lily turned her head and looked at her old headmaster. She charmed the dishes to operate without her and greeted the elderly wizard.

After dinner was done, James stood to pick up the dirty dishes but he quickly found himself sitting back when Dumbledore said, "James, there is something of importance I need to speak with you." James saw worry etched on the headmaster's face and knew this was about his unborn babies. "It's about her pregnancy isn't it?" He questioned. Albus grimly nodded his head and said, "I overheard a prophecy and I think it is about the baby." Lily gasped. "B-but I am giving birth to twins." She managed to make out in shock of what her baby had to do.

Albus looked at the young couple, he was certainly not expecting this. He then preceeded to tell them about the prophecy. By the end Dumbledore grimly said, "I am sorry you have to face this." Unable to say anything else, he apparated out of the house in Godric's hollow.

A few days passed and Lily was becoming a little paranoid. "Lily we need to talk." said James. Lily turned to face him and said, "What is it James?" James sighed and looked at the floor. "Lily,  what if we move to the Potter mansion?" He asked her. She looked at her husband with worry lining in her face. "James you hate that place." She stated. "Lily, I have to overcome my fear of the place my parents were murdered at some point and what better time to move back there that now? You are pregnant and I want my children to grow up like proper Potters. It has a lot of safety wards and would be alot safer for you and the children." Lily was touched by the effort. She kissed him lightly and said, "Sure."

So a week later the Potters made their way to their ancestral home.