Chapter four

Disclaimer- Harry Potter belongs to Jk. Rowling, not me. Just writing an alternate ending.

VOTE & COMMENT

FOLLOW FOR MORE H.P FANFICS.

Harry has always been a good boy. He knew when he turned around or when he wasn't looking his parents would look at him in a strange way. Like he wasn't himself. He thought if he continued to be a good boy and if he did better than his brother then they would love him as much as his brother. Harry Potter was always more interested in reading at the ripe age of 4, more than playing with his friends. Lily was always concerned that the Voldemort in him was coming out of him when he became anti-social and refused to go to any of the parties held for Oliver. Then the answer hit her. They were neglecting him and they didn't even know it.

They always got a party for their birthdays but the people would only show up to see  Oliver, not Harry. It was as if they forgot that it was his birthday as well. People would come to the parties because they wanted to see Oliver. She remembered at their 5th birthday party that Harry had cried and wouldn't tell her what was wrong. She understood now. All the people sang happy birthday to Oliver not harry. They completely forgot him. That was why he preferred books to toys or people, books never ignored him. For him books were home. but she wanted him to socialize to become what he was not.

Oliver used to all the attention he got, relished when he was with people. He had a deep dislike for books and loved to play quidditch with his father. Oliver learns to ride a broom with his father but Harry never got the luxury that he got. Harry taught himself to ride a broom and he might tell you that he was good at it, if you bothered to ask. He wanted to become a seeker in Hogwarts unlike his brother, who expected a spot to be given to him simply because he was the boy who lived.

It was the day for their 6th birthday today, and by now Harry had gotten used to being ignored on his birthday so, he didn't bother with getting up. He heard his brother's screams complaining that he didn't get many presents this year. Harry scoffed, the only present he got was from uncle Padfoot. Each year, his parents forgot him. At first, it used to hurt knowing that your parents forgot you on your birthday, even though they remembered your twin brother's, but now Harry simply stopped caring and started to read more. He stayed in his bedroom for the rest of the day, with the help of house-elves that were kind enough to bring him meals. At the end of the day, the voices in the house decreased and Harry knew that the day was over. Before he could go back to sleep though, there was a knock on his door. "Come in." He said his voice smooth. His godfather, carrying a big box came inside and sat on his unoccupied bed. "Happy birthday Harry." He said as he presented him with the lavishly decorated box he got for his birthday. Harry dropped the box on the floor and launched himself at the man, enveloping him in a hug. "You remembered!" He shouted as he squeezed him even tighter. "Of course I did, how can I forget. Now open the present I got you." harry picked the fallen box from the floor and opened to see, a new shiny broom. He gasped and hugged Sirius again. "thank you, thank you, thank you." He chanted again and again. "I know how much you like to ride your broom so I bought you a new one." Sirius looked at the boy in front of him gazing at the broom with wonder. it was sad really, Oliver had multiple new brooms sent to him by well-wishers for their hero on his birthday, but Harry had no one to wish him happy birthday all morning, including his parents. Sirius would have a talk with them tomorrow. He made his way out of the mansion to his ancestral home.

l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Harry James Potter was sitting on a chair in the dining room with a book on his lap when suddenly it was snatched away. he looked up to meet the dull brown eyes of his brother, the boy who lived, the savior, the chosen one. "Hey give it back." He shouted as loud as he could. "You want this?" His brother asked mockingly. Then Oliver opened the book and started ripping page out. "Stop!" Shouted Harry but his twin did not heed the advice. Harry shouted as loud as he can. His shout made Oliver slam back on his back on the cold marbled floor. The force of his shout made the windows explode. Lily and James fearing for the worst came to the room and gasped at the sight. Harry's shouts were releasing waves and waves of raw magic which was positioned on his brother. The windows were all broken and shards of glass were making their way through Oliver's skin. "harry stop!" Shouted James. It seemed like the shout snapped Harry out of his reverie as he turned around confused and fell on the floor from magical exhaustion.