Chapter Eight - Rival At First Sight

Eli became even clinger after my 'birthday party'. It is weird to have him always hugging my arm, hugging my waist, and just hugging all over. Is he trying to do something? Also, I am not liking that intense look in his eyes whenever he thinks I am not looking at him.

He would always invite me over to his home so that I could watch him dress up in his clothing. He would even make me choose what he should wear telling me, "I want to dress in a way that you enjoy. Your opinion matters to me after all."

It didn't help that he blushed when he said that to me. I don't know what is happening to him at all. I mean as long as he isn't trying to mess with me I will, unfortunately, allow this to continue but I am going to figure out a way for him not to always be in my personal space. It gets uncomfortable if he is always close to me.

After my 'birthday party' passed and I became eleven I was invited to countless tea parties that I didn't have a choice in refusing since my 'father' already decided for me. I met with countless other young girls who were my age.

During one of the tea parties I was at I met Aurelia's future group of followers again. They ended up getting drawn to me and we became 'friends'. They would often visit me and tell me stuff they heard from their parents in secret. It was useful getting information like this without anyone knowing.

I also got closer to the follower who caused my death in one route because of her love. I decided if I didn't want that to happen again I needed her to be taken... So I decided that she should get engaged.

It was rather easy to do. The parents just happen to want to have a close relationship with a family and I just happen to find one who was willing to do that. They also just happen to meet each other during a small get together for other nobles. Now she is engaged to get married after school.

I know I shouldn't be using my magic in such a way but I am planning for my future. I can't have anything going wrong. I need everything going perfectly. I need to be smarter than everyone. Gifted with my magic. So powerful that no one can lay their hands on me.

I was at a social gathering that my 'father' decided to take me to instead of my 'brother' since he noticed how "well-behaved" I have been acting during these months and didn't have to worry about getting embarrassed by me.

Eli was also at this gathering wearing a light blue dress that puffy at the end of it and had heart patterns all over it. His hair was in a high ponytail that was held up by a light blue bow. I didn't understand why someone who could use fire magic dress in all blue. I assume he would like red.

"Hey, Hey! Aurelia, do I look pretty today? I dress like this with you in mind." Eli gave me a shy look as he asked me this. I looked at him and just gave an indifferent approval noise. Eli let out a happy giggle and hugged my arm happily.

"I think you look so nice in your clothing today! It makes you look so mysterious and handsome." Eli was looking at me with passionate eyes as he looked at the clothes I was wearing for the small gathering. I was wearing another black ruffled top and still had my magic stone ribbon around my neck. I had on neat looking black pants and my height was even taller with my heel shoes. My hair was down and out showing off my curly hair. I had some makeup on but it was just my lips and eyes.

"Thanks... Mae help me get dressed." I felt rather pleased that Mae was happy with how I was dressing. She was more supportive than my 'father' who looked at my new clothing style with distaste.

As I was standing in the corner with Eli eating the food that was from the food table I saw a group of girls giggling and blushing in a direction. I look over to where they were looking and I grip onto the plate of cake I was holding tightly. I could feel my heartbeat increase slightly once I realized it was a love interest from the game.