[6]

"Hey, Julie

"Hey, Julie. Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures?" Carlos came stepping in, walking right through Alex, "I think they're ghosts. But don't worry. This room is...is...this room if clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies." He says, looking around the room.

"Wrong again, little dude." Reggie says, entertained.

"Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house."
"Isn't dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie asks.
"There can be two."

The three of us girls chuckle.

"Dad needs all the help he can get, right?"
Carlos pulled out a salt shaker from his pocket.
"According to the internet, salt burns their souls out."

All of our eyes widen as we look at each other. I may not seem like a ghost, but I still am so I was still worried.

"A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here."

He began sprinkling it by Reggie, then Luke then Alex. The first two lifted their feet up onto their chairs where as Alex just screamed 'no'.

"Oh god, I'm...I'm fine. I'm fine. Totally fine."

"Oh! Carlos, guess who's hungry? Me. Um, salt me a path to the kitchen."

Once they had left, Julie spoke up.
"Shall we try again?"
"Yes, please. But remind us later. There's some sunset curve songs I've been wanting to show you."
Luke said, standing up.
"Ooh! Show me now."
"Yeah, ok."

Luke knelt down, picking up his notebook where he has always written songs.

"Home is where my horse is." He read from a piece of paper sticking out of it, "Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."
"That was a gift."
"Thanks buddy."
"You maybe circle back..."

"I dog-eared the ones that I think you would slay."

Luke handed Julie the book and she flipped through the pages.

"Who's Emily?" She asked.
"That one's not dog-eared." Luke said reaching for the book.

Julie snatched the book towards her, standing up. She started reading the song.

"If you could only know that I never let you go.' Wow Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic."
"He's not. That one's actually about..." Alex got interrupted by Luke.
"No one. Uh that's just something that I tried and...but if you go to the next dog-eared page, I got a tune that's just..." He tried changing the subject, "it's got a killer beat."

Luke began playing a tune on his guitar, and we all listened and watched. It was great, as usual.

"So you wanna sample." Julie said, sitting back down at her keyboard.
"What do mean sample?" Luke asked her.
"Sample someone else's music. Me and my mum used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song."