[12]

Luke's POV

Luke's POV

"Hey." I said, standing by Julie's locker.
Julie gasped, "normal people don't do that. And ghosts definitely shouldn't. What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight. I was thinking...'great.'"

Julie smiled at some girls walking past. She cleared her throat and took her phone out, putting it up to her ear.

"You're just gonna take a phone call while we're talking?" I asked, slightly offended, "you know how rude that is."
"Hey! Thanks for calling. Otherwise people might think I'm talking to myself."
"Right. Nice." I said, catching on.

"No. But yeah. I think 'great' is a...great choice."
"Sweet. Well...I mean that's pretty much what I wanted to talk to you about. So..."
"Oh! Ok."
"Uh, actually, no, there is one more thing I wanted to talk to you about. It's...Casey." I bit my lip nervously.

"What about her?" Julie asked.
I sighed, "I like her. But I know she thinks something is going on between you and me."
"But nothings going on between us." Julie furrowed her brows.
"I know. That's why I need your advice on what to do."
"She clearly likes you, so, just be honest with her. And from what I've heard, you guys have always had chemistry."
"Okay, thanks Julie."

///////////

Casey's POV

"Hi Case."Luke announced, causing me to jump out of my skin.
"Jesus, Luke. Not now, I'm at school."
"Oh, uh, pretend you're on a call. That's what Julie did." Luke smiled, proud of his idea that he remembered from Julie.

I pulled my phone out my back pocket and put it to my ear, looking around cautiously, hoping no one saw my few words spoken to Luke.

"What is it?" I asked.
"I just wanted to say, that uh...I was thinking maybe you and I could start writing together again. You know, like we used to. It was just an idea..I mean, you don't have to.." Luke began to trail off.
"I'd love to. Yeah, no, that sounds great."
"Ok, cool. Uh...maybe we could..."

"Hey, Casey!" Joel interrupted Luke.
"Hi, Joel."

"Well don't you look sharp." Luke mocked Joel's black suit.

"You ready for the big performance?"
"Yeah! Yeah, no, I'm excited. We're gonna do awesome." I lightly chuckled.
"I'm glad one of us is confident. I've been talking to Nick, and neither of us are. It's good job I have you though, you make be better." Joel smiled.

"Uh-oh! I think somebody has a crush on Casey." Luke smirked, standing behind Joel.

I let out a small laugh, "that's really nice Joel. But you'd do great with anyone else as well."
"Seriously, Casey, I'd be no good at dance without you."
Luke was mimicking Joel, and I had to hold back laughs.
"No! No, you'd be amazing without me. You are amazing without me. But I'll um, I'll see you in there, yeah?" I rambled, hoping for this conversation to end sooner. Not because I didn't like Joel, but Luke was making hard not to laugh.
"Yeah, I'll do my best to not make us look bad." Joel chuckled, Luke copying his moves and laugh.

Joel walked off, and Luke made his way back to me.
"Well he's just too cute!" Luke said, scrunching his face and pouting his lips.
"You're something Luke. I'll see you later." I held back a smile as best as I could.
"You gonna wish me luck later? Like you used to!" Luke called after me.
My face was now beaming with a smile.

////////////

"Boys. I want you to focus and leave it all out on the field."
"Breathe in...shake out your nerves...surrender to the music and to your partner. Here we go."

"What do they mean surrender?" Joel asked me.
"Just follow my lead, Luke."
"Who's Luke?"
"Joel! Sorry, I mean Joel. My brain was in a different world for a moment, but it's back. You'll do fine." I sighed.

"Five, six, seven, eight."

We were doing really good. Joel had improved quite a bit. But my attention was diverted once I looked in the mirrors and the only people I could see was myself and...Luke? His hair was styled, and he wore a white shirt and black trousers.

(Luke)
🎵Step into my world🎵
🎵Bittersweet love story bout a girl🎵
🎵Shook me to the core🎵

We were now in a different room and he walked up to, taking my hands in his and we began to dance.

(Casey)
🎵Here in front of me🎵
🎵They're shining so much brighter🎵
🎵Than I have ever seen🎵
🎵Life can be so mean🎵
🎵But when he goes🎵
🎵I know he doesn't leave🎵

(Both)
🎵The truth is finally breaking through🎵
🎵Two worlds collide when I'm with you🎵
🎵A voice is rising so, so high🎵
🎵We come to life🎵
🎵When we're in perfect harmony🎵

The song ended, and Luke spun we out and I was back dancing with Joel.

"Woah! We aced that! Thanks, Case."
"Yeah, uh..." I looked back at the mirror, "that was great. You were great."

Thankfully, the bell then rang.
"I have to go. I'll see you around Joel."

////////////

I went into the music room and grabbed a guitar, sitting down on one of the chairs. I began to lightly strum a piece of music Luke taught me near the time when I first met him.

"There you are. We've been looking all over for you." Flynn said, both her and Julie walking into the room and sitting on the chairs near me.
"Why'd run out of there so fast?" Julie asked.

"Sorry, it just got intense in there."
"Oh, I noticed. You and Joel have extreme chemistry." Flynn exclaimed, but Julie didn't seem to be on board.
"Sure. But the whole time we were dancing, I was thinking about someone else."

"Luke?" Julie asked.
"Yeah." I sighed, knowing she liked him.
"Wait! You like Luke? I thought you liked Luke." Flynn said, looking from me to Julie.
Julie shook her head, "Casey and Luke have always liked each other. The way he talks about her is honestly so romantic."

"I think Joel might like me though."
"Oh definitely!" Flynn said.
"But you and Luke click."

"We're gonna start writing together again. Obviously he'll still write with you, but..."
Julie just smiled, "you have a major crush!"
"Shut up!" I laughed.

" Julie just smiled, "you have a major crush!" "Shut up!" I laughed