Author's Note

Another journey comes to an end, and I'm really happy that I finally got to share it with you.

The Sky is Everywhere is a story that's been in my head for about eight years now. I kept starting it and stopping it because I could never quite pin down how I wanted it to go, so this really feels like the end of an era for me.

My regular readers will know that I never completely rule out the possibility of sequels, but I have no plans to write a sequel to this story.

Why?

Aspects of this story are not always realistic, and that has been a deliberate choice. I wanted it to be hopeful. I wanted it to be a story in which two teenagers really can overthrow an evil institution, because good doesn't always win in the real world, and I know I'm not the only person who turns to books because sometimes fiction really is better than reality.

At the end of this book, Caia acknowledges that they still have dark days ahead of them, but that is not a story I want to write. I want this to end on a bright, hopeful note - the battle won, rather than the battles still to be fought.

So thank you for joining me on another journey. This one has come to an end, but the road goes ever on and on, and hopefully we can start a new journey soon.

Until then.

*blows kisses*