Chapter Thirty-Three

XXXIII
• • •

Crystal's POV ***

        Ashton and I spent the day together. He told me about everything, and I listened, and of course we did so over ice cream. He also told me about how his ice cream obsession came from his dad, which explained a lot.

It was really nice. But alas, everything comes to an end. So here we were back at the warehouse, where I was supposed to be dropping him off at his car that he had left there. But being as childish as he was cute, he was refusing to get out of my car.

"She definitely hates me now," he commented, referring to Layla.

"Ash, I'm almost positive that none of the people you think hate you actually do," I rolled my eyes. I had shut off my car so that I wasn't wasting gas.

"I don't wanna go," he said stubbornly, sitting back farther in the passenger seat.

"Brat," I muttered, leaning back in mine as well.

"Meanie," he replied, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Since when did you age backwards 15 years?" I said, and he sighed.

"Can we get more ice cream first?" He whined, and I chuckled.

"No, Ash," I looked over at him.

"What if I pay you for it?" He said with feigned innocence, leaning over the center console and lingering his lips in front of mine. I simply grinned and held back an eye roll.

"Not gonna work. You need this," I didn't move back an inch, though I knew it was dangerous for me to be testing my restraint like this.

"Are you sure?" He pressed further, reaching over and feeling up my inner thigh with his hand. I tried not to show my breath hitch, but narrowed my eyes at the small smirk that had appeared on his face when he did in fact notice this reaction of mine.

"Very. Why don't you just get some some and bring it back to Layla and Jake?" I suggested, and he pulled away with a sigh, sitting back in his seat.

"Damn you and your good ideas," he grunted, and I grinned. "Alright fine. I'll go."

I had take my seatbelt off earlier when I first parked, so he reached over and successfully pulled me onto him for a hug. I let out a laugh as he looped his arms around me and squeezed me into him. I hugged him back, breathing in his scent.

"Why can't you go to the same college as me?" He complained into my hair.

"Because I'm smarter than you," I replied, smirking against him. A soft laugh sounded from his chest.

"Don't lie to yourself. You're just richer than me," he countered, and now it was my turn to laugh. I pulled away from the hug and ruffled his hair, which he scrunched his face in disapproval at.

"We're both broke, hate to break it to ya," I said and he brought me in for one last hug before helping me back into the drivers seat and opening his door.

"I love you," he said once he was out.

"And I love you," I replied, and once he started his car, I drove off.

• • •

Layla's POV ***

        Jake was in his room doing homework, and I was sprawled out on the living room floor trying to do homework when I heard a car pull into the driveway. I glanced out the window to see it was Ashton's, and my heart slowed down and sped up at the same time.