CHAPTER 3

Sir we did not get any clue about her.

It's been so long and everyday you tell me this useless shit.

Sir…

Just shut up, I don’t have time for your stupid excuses. I think I should hire someone else to do my job.

No sir, give us one last chance.

Chance? Chance! From the past 4 years, chance is what you always keep getting only to return empty handed.

Sir we won't disappoint you this time.

Stop with your false promises. 

Sir we are trying our best but the problem is we don’t even have her photograph, all you have told us is her name and the place where she lived. It's difficult to find someone with such little information, please understand sir…

Wow you never fall short of excuses! If I would only provide you the information then what are you paid for?

Sir please try…

NO MORE NONSENSE just tell me can you do it or should I hire someone else?

Yes sir.

What?

I mean no sir, no no I mean yes sir I will do it just one more chance.

Okay.

Okay sir.

It's been 6 years , where are you ? Where are you , Rachna? He thought.

After ending his call with detective manav, he kept his mobile on the bedside table and decided to sleep. After switching off the light he was about to climb on the bed when something near the cupboard caught his attention. It was a box. ‘It must have fallen while taking out his clothes’, he thought. Picking it up he opened the box to look into one of his most prized possessions, his watch. Not just any watch but The Watch which she had given him, his Rachna. Her gift on his birthday, it had so many memories attached to it, he still remembers the day very vividly…

He was very happy on that day, after all it was his birthday. He was getting that very special treatment since morning .  his mother had prepared his favorite dish, wishes flooded from friends, relatives and classmates.

In college also many wished him, but where was she? He thought. He gave a birthday treat to his friends; the whole day was so much fun. After class everyone was heading home. Where was she? Every day they came to college together but today she did not accompany him and he hasn’t seen her in college the entire day. Did she not come today? Miss intelligent missed college? Strange! He thought. But who cares!

It was 7 in the evening and still she had not wished him. Such a arrogant stupid girl! Everyday he would drop her to college, he has also helped her many times. But she! A thankless person. One wish is just one wish! Is it too much? Everyone had wished him but madam has no time for all these,afterall she would have to study why waste time on some stupid birthday wish! But…stop it, why do I care if she wished me or not, who is she? No one, I don’t need to give her importance, he thought.

He was sitting in his room when his mother called him outside. He was pleasantly surprised by the sight in front of him. The house was  beautifully decorated and in the middle was the birthday cake, his friends and relatives stood there wishing him once again. After cutting the cake and feeding everyone, he was sitting with his friend but unknowingly his eyes searched for a certain someone. She did not come for the party also! Maa did not invite her? She must have but the intelligence must have certainly declined because as usual padhna hoga! he thought.

After everyone had left he went and hugged his mom thanking her for the surprise.

Thank you so much mom for making my birthday so special, he smiled.