CHAPTER 5

He decided to stay in Chennai for sometime. Tied by travel and the stress of the day he decided to take some rest when his mobile started ringing.

He picked up his phone and groaned looking at the caller id. He ignored it . but no sooner had the ringtone died that it began ringing again. He knew why she was calling so he again did not pick the call.  But he had no other option but to answer it when it began ringing for the third time.

Pressing the answer button he didn't even get a chance to say hello when she began  yelling from the other side.

Who do you think you are? She snapped.

Before he could answer she continued” how can you be so irresponsible! Yo went all the way to Chennai and did not even care to inform me. What was so urgent that you had to go by road? By road ! all alone! Are you mad!

i...i said answer me.

Mom will you shut up and let me speak, he said sternly.

Okay.she said.

Mom, I got some urgent work hence I couldn't inform you. 

But…

Mom, I am tired and I will talk to you later.

Listen to...I hanged before she could speak further and slept.

The next day he visited the lady again but she wouldn't open her mouth. This continued for a week.

One day  he receives a call from my people informing that a girl daily visits Mrs Rajni which was the name of that woman. He got to know the girl and Mrs Rajni seemed to be very close so  he thought maybe the girl can help us.

The next day  he waited outside Mrs Rajni's office.Then he saw a girl entering the building. He followed her into Mrs Rajni's cabin. She was facing the other side.

You? What are you doing here? Mrs Rajni asked, shocked to see him there.

The girl turned towards him and the moment his eyes landed on her the breath got knocked out of his lungs. The girls mirrored his reaction. 

You?You? Both of them said at the same time.

He has been searching her for years and there she was standing right in front of him. His Rachna.