CHAPTER 6

I was angry with mom for giving my room to somebody else. She has given it to some girl who was her friend’s daughter. She got a transfer to Delhi as she wanted to join UPSC coaching; she was in last year of graduation. I was angry at the girl, she hasn’t even come yet and my mom was already taking her side. She has even taken my room and she was to study in my college. God! Can things get any more worse!

I was assigned the task to see that her room is properly arranged . madam would arrive after two days and guess what I was the one to go and receive the princess. I had to wake up at 4 and went and received her. I was waiting at the railway station when I saw mishra uncle walking towards me. He was dragging a suitcase and a girl walked beside. She looked so innocent dressed in a simple blue salwar suit and flat slippers ,her hairs were tucked back in a ponytail and her face was without any makeup, a blush adorning her cheeks. Her curious eyes roamed around from behind the spectacles she was wearing. She was simple yet beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Both the father daughter walked towards me. After greeting them we went home. The next day uncle went back home after settling her at our house. She was so shy and would never even look towards me let alone talk. When my Mom asked her anything she just answered in a monosyllable .

After a week when I was going to college mom stopped me and asked me to take her along with me.

Mom, I groaned.

What mom, you know she is known here .

Mom she can go by auto or you can drop her. I said trying to escape out of the situation.

No way you know she is our responsibility and today I am already late for office so I cannot drop her and you are going to the college only then what is the problem?

Mom but…

You are taking her with you ,that’s final no more arguing, she glared.

Okay, I said.

I hate this girl so much. She is nothing but trouble. I took her along with me to the college and the whole day I was embroidered by the teasing look people gave me after seeing us together. Tiya and me even had a fight over her. It took me so long to woo her and here we were having issues over that silly girl. Ugh I hate her!

I thought I only had to drop her for a day or two but mom actually made me her personal driver. Everyday we would go to college together and the tension between tita and me kept escalating. And to top it all she was miss perfect who was the topper of our class who did everything perfectly and yes she was the idol daughter ideal girl blah blah blah…

I was so irritated by all the problems in my life, all thanks to her that I decided to get to her, to teach her a lesson, so I asked  the help of my friends to bully her. We hid her books, they would tease her, pick at her in the canteen and tore her notes. Sometimes she chose to ignore this other times I saw a thin layer of water in her eyes and many types I heard her sobbing sitting alone. I felt bad for hurting her sometimes but again I was blinded by revenge at that time. 

One day Rahul took her lunch and threw it on the floor and asked her to wipe it. She bent down and picked it up with tears in her eyes. When she was about to leave , he held her hand and smirked.

Why so hurry beautiful, you did not do your work properly, he said with an evil smirk.

She looked at him a little scared

See my shoes also have some of your oily food over them, who will clear them darling.

I..

Yes you darling.

She was shocked.

Come on don’t waste time. 

The crowd in the canteen cheered, they were ready for the entertainment.

She helplessly looked towards everyone seeking for help when her eyes landed on me where I sat at the corner of the room. She looked at me with pleading eyes. I couldn’t stand this look so I got up. Her face lit up with expectation only to be crushed when I walked towards the door to exit the canteen.

We don’t have the whole day princess. Be quick, I heard Rahul speak when I was going out.from the corner of my eyes I saw her bending down to clean his shoes tears streaming down her cheeks.

Not like that use your dupatta… was the last I heard while leaving the area.

That day she left home early, mom called me to let me know that I did not have to wait for her. I reached home and saw her sleeping which was strange since she never slept during the day. During our evening studies she did not meet my eyes. I saw her eyes were red and swollen due to constant crying. She averted her gaze when she saw me looking at her. I was feeling bad, agreed she was the cause of all my new problems but on a second thought how was he responsible for all those. 

The next day at college our principal came to our class. He had somehow come to know about yesterday's incident. When he asked her about it she denied and did not mention anybody's name.

Rahul felt guilty about his behavior and apologized. Many of my friends  became her friends too, but she continued ignoring me. She did not tell mom about anything and came with me to go for college but half the way and she would get down citing some other work, while going back home also she would do this. I was agitated by her behavior if she disliked me so much why not tell mom directly and free us both but no she has to the perfect one so how could she afford to ruin her image!i was fed up of all these , tia had stopped talking to me all my friends were now supporting miss intelligent.I was fed up listening to her praises if my mom was not enough our teachers, students and many of my friends were the latest addition in her fan list.every time I was compared to her, scolded and mocked because of her. Mom even asked her to be my personal tutor, everyday I sat unwillingly for an hour with that girl. She never even uttered a word other than to explain or teach me from my lessons. When I tried talking to her her answer would always be short. She did not understand my jokes or if she did she chose to ignore them for she never gave any response other than the black stare.i so hated her Miss intelligent was the reason for all my worries! ,