➤ 𝙎𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧

5:44 PM

"I'm done!" you rejoiced with a relieved sigh.

"You are?" Mitsuri perked up, looking at you from her bed in your shared dorm.

With tired eyes and an exhausted mind, you slumped back on the seat of your desk and answered, "Yep. I just submitted the last application."

"Congrats!" the pink and green haired Council member expressed. Her hands clapped together in a round of applause, and she cheered in your direction. With a suddenly sad smile, she looked over at you and frowned, "The semester's coming to a close soon, huh?"

"It is," you acknowledged. "Don't fret, though," you began to reassure, "It's unlikely for me to get into any of these schools. I probably just wasted my money applying." With a chuckle of self depreciation, you closed your laptop and turned to fully face your fellow Council member.

"No," Mitsuri forced out. "You'll probably get in."

You replied to her reassurance with a mere hum of acknowledgment. Awkward silence ensued as Mitsuri waited for you to speak, but ended up taking the lead as you remained quiet.

"Say," Mitsuri began, pointer finger tapping at her chin in thought. "Why don't we celebrate?"

"Celebrate how?"

"Like," she trailed off. A part of her wanted to take you out somewhere herself, but another part condemned herself for thinking so selfishly. You probably had other people you enjoyed to be around, right? "A sleepover?" she proposed.

"Sleepover?" you echoed. "How many people are you implying in this small dorm?"

Mitsuri shrugged, "That's up to you."

"I'll invite"—you trailed off for a moment, thinking of all your female friends—"other than us, a max of four people."

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

7:30 PM

"Daki, Nakime!" you called.

Inside the dorm were already situated Mitsuri, Shinobu, and Tamayo. They were talking fairly happily until you opened the door, and called those two names.

You weren't unaware of the reactions and awkward moments inviting the two delinquents would cause—the tension between was more than obvious. But you figured: this was your celebratory night to relax, so why not invite the people you actually enjoy being around?

"Hey, Y/N!" Daki greeted, dragging Nakime inside.

In fact, the two delinquents didn't seem to mind the other three students that much. Nakime was a little quiet from the tension, but overall, she and Daki seemed more or less carefree about the whole ordeal.

In contrast, Mitsuri's, Shinobu's, and Tamayo's facial features shifted into a deadly glare up at the two delinquents. They were seated in a circle-like manner with the two Council members next to each other on Mitsuri's bed, and Tamayo at Mitsuri's desk chair.

"What are they doing here?" Shinobu asked, though her tone made it sound more like a demand for an answer, than anything else. Her glare was hard and threatening, almost as if cautious one of the delinquents would attack.

Before any of the delinquents could open their mouths, however, you asked back, "Am I not allowed to invite my friends to my celebratory sleepover?"

Immediately, Shinobu and Mitsuri's eyes widened in surprise while Tamayo softened her gaze. You were right, they realized; this was your choice and your celebration, therefore they had no right to interfere.