26 ↬ 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩

[a/n]

[a/n]

another spoiler (KNY) (im sorry), but its not that big. plus i think you might've heard of it already.

˗'ˏ chapter 26 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑.

Ever since the blue lily incident she barely sleeps, always out hunting, making sure that the demons wouldn't get the chance to harm anyone. Even if she did have time to sleep, her mind would remain restless, thinking about the lily and the nightmares that came back. The most frequent one was that night, the night her older brother was dragging her through the woods, away from their house.

Even if she doesn't dream about it she would never forget that moment, the taste of blood in the air, her family's blood, and something else. She sighed. The air that night was dead and cold, much like it is right now. She was deep in the mountain, perched on a tree, trying to track down the source of that intense presence. She's been sensing it frequently, quick pulses of power and bloodlust that disappear as quickly as it would show.

She hated to admit it but she's tired. Exhausted. Oyakata-sama promised her that help would come soon. Hoping that it would be Itsu-kun and the others would be too far-fetched and unlikely, considering the seriousness of the situation. Maybe they'd send a hashira which wasn't that bad. 'Maybe it'd be Sanemi.' She smiled at the thought.

There's also the mystery dude that warned her and Tsukishima. The girl wanted to find whoever that is, especially if they are experienced enough to sense a marechi. Her thoughts were cut off when she sensed it again, much nearer now. Her eyes widened. She lowered her hand to her sword, flicking her thumb to unclasp it. 'It's near.'

So near she could taste it now, zooming towards her. She drew her blade. Clang!

The demon that attacked her jumped back, landing on the tree branch from across her, grinning. They studied each other. His skin was pale, hair pink and eyes seemingly like broken shards of glass. The most prominent feature on him though was the marks on his skin, long curved lines all over his body.

She did a double take on his eyes. 'Shit. Shit. Shit.'

Standing in front of her was one of the twelve kizuki. Upper moon three. He smiled. 'I am a dead woman.'

"Hey. So um. Nice eyes?"

➽───────────────❥

He chuckled. Okay that was hot. He reminds her of a basketball. A very hot and sexy basketball.

"Give it up now girl, you're coming with me. He promised a reward to whoever can find you. And I want it." he sneered. She scrunched her eyebrows. She most definitely knows who he's talking about but it confused her. Why?

"What does Muzan want from me?" she questioned. He grinned. "You'll see."

"You're aware that I won't just come with you right?" She played with the blade in her hands, the reflection of the moonlight making it glint. "That's why I have a proposition. Fight me, girl. I sensed your strength. Nowhere near mine but... still something." He looked at her expectantly. Though Akaza was a demon, he was still a gentleman. Towards females at least. He wouldn't be dragging a girl to her doom without giving her a chance to fight.

"If I survive can I go home?" she said, tilting her head and giving him a lopsided smile. It made him laugh. "Sure."

Within a heartbeat, they clashed. Fist against blade. Demon against human. Both of them engaged in a deadly dance. But it didn't last long. He lunged at her, striking her with his fist. She tried to dodge them to no avail. She raised her sword, using it to block his attack. It was a moment too late. His blow grazed her arm, causing it to bleed from the impact.

She reeled back. It left her open as the demon kept attacking her. She kept deflecting the hits with her sword, body aching from the force of his attack. The more frustrated she gets the more the demon seemed faster, as if predicting her attack. 'Could it be...? '

The girl's usually playful nature turned into a serious one, surprising the demon when she completely diminished her battle spirit. (again sorry for the spoilers but akaza has an advantage if the opponent's battle spirit is strong, he can sense it and i think he uses it to predict their moves.)

They were both predators now.

The demon could no longer predict her moves, giving her a fighting chance. Blow after blow the two fought, both of them unrelenting forces of sheer strength. The girl would've lost already if she didn't do what she did. When she realized that his obscured battle spirit was the reason she couldn't sense him she did the same. And his attacks that seemed to be more accurate the stronger her battle spirit was proved it. Hiding her bloodlust gave her an advantage, or at least made them stand on equal ground.

Breath of the storm eight form... Raging Calamity!

She bent down, dodging a blow. Then she slashed his arm. She managed cut it off, the limb falling on the ground as he jumped back, landing with great force. It shook the mountain. "Wow. You. Give me your name." He said with a small laugh, grinning with disbelief. 'She learned about battle spirit on her own and completely removed hers...!'

Excitement was spilling out of him, it's been so long since he had a decent battle with a human. The thrill of the fight was making him ecstatic.

"Aww. Why gonna ask me out? Sorry but I only date people who aren't trying to kill me." She teased, suppressing a wince. Her arm was bleeding out. 'Hurts like a bitch.'

He laughed at her remark. "I like you. You're strong. Are you a hashira?"

"Just so you know, I won't let you kill me. Even with the compliments." she chuckled. Then she bolted, aiming for his neck. He blocked it with his remaining arm, the other already regenerating. 

"It's been a good fight. Too bad I have to beat you know." 

"I'll let you try."

He punched at the air in front of him, knocking her back. He continued his attack, rapid punches with his fists. The girl quickly learned his pattern, dodging every single one of them. She made a very important discovery at that moment. She realized that the air tasted different where the demon was going to attack, enabling her to predict his movements. It was almost similar to his.

With her new found ability she closed the distance between them, the demon turning to her as he decided to unleash himself fully. Just before they could clash a voice interrupted them.

"Stop."

~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

im aware that u guys r excited to see the three idiots and that is why im not giving it to you. yet.

I HOPE U LIKE IT. ACTION IS NOT MY THANG

STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY. EAT UR VEGETABLES <----this is a threat