xxiv

I woke up due to the sun shining brightly in my eyes. It's morning already? I must have fallen asleep earlier.

I checked my phone and saw that I received messages from Ni-ki....at 2 a.m.

Ni-ki:
Hey, are you still there?
Luna?
Hello?
Am I talking to a wall?
Maybe you fell asleep
Sleep well, Luna

I didn't bother to reply instead I got ready for school. I don't want to be late.

**

Everyone was turning their backs on me when I was passing through the hallway. Weird. Usually they would laugh and stare me up and down. This time, it felt like they were avoiding eye contact with me.

I still didn't feel that comfortable but somehow I felt relieved.

"Hey, Soohee, what's happening?" I whisper as soon as I sat next to her.

"You haven't heard it yet?"

I shake my head 'no'.

"Ni-ki and Yena were called to the Principals office"

"Ni-ki and Yena? wait why?"

She shrugs. "Honestly no idea, but word around says that it was Yena that started the rumours and all that stuff, that bitch"

Of course, I'm not surprised. If one day I was found dead at my room, it would also be Yena who murderded me.

"Wait" I say "It's understandable why Yena got called, but Ni-ki? why?"

"Well-"

She got cut off by a thud. I turned around and saw that a girl had accidentally dropped her books. She was picking it up and made eye contact with me for a split second.

"S-sorry" she stutters, quickly picking up her stuff and walking away.

"Okay, weird" I say facing Soohee again "what were you saying?"

"I was about to say that I don't know either, maybe he helped Yena and they both got caught?"

"Ni-ki wouldn't do that" I mumble, clear enough for Soohee to understand.

"And how could you say that? Do you still like him that's why you're defending him?"

"No! I never said that!" I say accidentally raising my voice.

I could feel some eyes land on me which caused me to lower my head.

"Then what's the reason?"

"I...I don't know, Soohee" I say "I don't hate him but I don't think I like him"

"You don't THINK, huh?"

I sigh, laying my head on the table. "I'm gonna rest, don't bother me for a while"

Honestly at this point I'm really confused. I don't know wether I still like him or not. Do I still like Ni-ki or have I gotten used to having a crush on him? Have I really moved on or is that what I have just been telling myself? I don't even know anymore.

But I'm sure that Ni-ki didn't help Yena. I just know that he wouldn't do something like that, right?

**

Ni-ki and Yena wasn't seen around school that day. Some said they both got in serious trouble, while others said they were told to go home so that what happened in the office wouldn't spread around.

At school, I also didn't feel like I wanted to disappear. Because of the Ni-ki and Yena thing, I think they must have forgotten about the rumours.

I lay down on my bed, staring at the conversation I had with Ni-ki. For some reason, I felt worried.

Luna:
hey, what happened earlier? are you okay? [not sent]

I sigh, deleting the message I just typed. I couldn't even get myself to press send. Back then I would message him non-stop, hoping he would reply.

I was about to turn my phone off and go to sleep when I saw his message.

Ni-ki:
Hey
Would it be okay if I talk to you?

Luna:
yeah
you weren't at school today?

Ni-ki:
We got sent home

Luna:
by 'we' you mean you
and Yena?

Ni-ki:
Oh, so you know?

Luna:
the word spreaded quickly

Ni-ki:
Oh

Something didn't feel right about his replies. Last night he was so enthusiastic, something's wrong.

Luna:
Ni-ki, are you okay?

I wanted to delete the message but he had already replied.

Ni-ki:
Yes

Luna:
are you sure you're alright?

Ni-ki:
I am SURE SURE
Why, are you worried
about me?

I looked at his reply. My mouth opened and closed. I didn't know how to react or what to say to him.

Ni-ki:
Just kidding
But I'm fine, I promise

Luna:
alright
ah right, i fell asleep last night
that's why i wasn't able to reply

I have no idea why I explained it to him I just felt like I had to.

Ni-ki:
Really? I thought you
were leaving me on seen lol
But that's cute [deleted]

I saw what it was before he could even delete it but I decided to ignore it.

Luna:
sorry again