Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6

10th of March 1942

"The Dungeon", Station HYPO, Oahu, Hawaii.

10:45

     A jeep stopped right outside the Dungeon

     A jeep stopped right outside the Dungeon. Nimitz, Y/n and Alan were led into the bunker by Lieutenant Commander Edward T. Layton, Nimitz's intelligence officer.

Layton: "Just like I had told you, sir. Rochefort still confirms that "AF" is indeed Midway but we're still not certain if the Japanese will actually attack it or not."

Nimitz: "Washington doesn't think the same. They believe it's either the Aleutians or Port Moresby."

     Layton still tried to convince Nimitz that AF is indeed Midway but Nimitz needed more evidence to convince King in Washington. They all walked into the bunker where they were met by Commander Joseph Rochefort, still wearing his slippers and a bathrobe with his khaki uniform.

Nimitz: "By the way. Gentlemen, this is Lieutenant Commander Y/n L/n, an liaison officer from the Royal Navy."

Layton: "Bureau 10, sir?"

Nimitz: "Aye."

Layton: "Glad to see you here, L/n."

Y/n: "It's my pleasure."

Layton: "And you, Commander Alan. I am heard of you, sir."

Alan: "Glad to hear that."

     Y/n shook hands with both Layton and Rochefort before they resumed their works in listening to the Japanese radio traffic. Y/n can clearly see that they work for 12 hours or even more per day.

Nimitz: "By the way, Layton. 28°12′N 177°21′W, are there anything in these coordinates?"

Layton: "...That's Midway Atoll, sir."

Nimitz: "Y/n?"

Y/n: "Please come with me, sir."

     Y/n was satisfied with the answer he received. He immediately led the group into an empty room and locked the door.

Y/n: "I have received the coordinates and the date from a lady. She appears to be able to manipulate fate and she looked somewhat similar to the Sirens."

     All of them in the room were shocked because only high-ranking Sirens can manipulate fate and even life & death. They have never even met one before during the invasions.

Y/n: "I believe something's sure to happen on the 4th of June 1942 other than the currently uncertain Japanese attack. If we're unlucky, the Sirens might appear there."

Alan: "How are you so certain about that, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Back on the 15th of September 1940, I was in my Hawker Hurricane over London when that woman voice suddenly echoed across my head as if she was trying to whisper something into my eare. Then, a Heinkel appeared out of nowhere and collided with my Hurricane. She confirmed the fact that she was responsible for the collision, out of an infinite number of realities."