Kidnapping Man Whores - Chapter 6

Ray was so much more than I could have ever guessed. If I was right about the Tracking then she had five Gifts. Two of which were the very rare and one that no one even knew about. I have heard stories of a Royal in Japan who has four Gifts and he is the most famous, sought after, and powerful Valkyrie of our time. Connor was right. There was no way that Ray will stay with us after she fully understands everything she was capable of. Valkyries embraced a modified class system and we were several rungs down from the Royal level while I would guess that Ray would one day rule our world. The best we could do was try to enjoy the time that we had with her and hopefully she would look back on her time with us fondly.

--Max

As much as I wanted to disappear into the void and read Max's book cover to cover, I was just too tired to handle priceless heirlooms that contained invaluable Valkyrie secrets right now. I was so sleep deprived that I felt slightly nauseous and a little drunk. I didn't have the mental capacity to deal with my new found allure so I cloaked myself heavily and tried to use my remaining brain cells to pay attention to class. Hamlet sounded like gibberish and I did the same step in my calc problem three times before realizing my mistake.

The history teacher was gone for the third day in a row and we were still watching Pearl Harbor because it was the longest movie known to mankind. I let out a relieved breath and laid my head down on my arms and started to doze off. My rest bit didn't last long because Connor sat in the chair to my right and waved his hand over the top of my desk. Because I wasn't sealed off in the void I wasn't incorporeal and he ended up smacking me in the face.

"Owe," I grumbled and pulled away from the void enough so he could see me. "Leave me alone."

"Fuck," Connor said and pulled his hand away from me like I was going to burn him or something. "I am so sorry Ray. I wasn't expecting you to be laying on your desk."

I opened my eyes so I could see his horrified face and huffed out a sigh. Boys were weird. "You didn't really hurt me Connor. Don't worry about it," I murmured before turning my head away from him and recloaking myself. Not even a grumpy Connor was going to keep me from my power nap.

I woke with a start when the bell rang and thankfully didn't call any weapons because I had lost my cloak when I fell asleep. I looked around and noticed that at least half the class was staring at me. Oh no, what was this fresh hell. I continued to scan the stunned faces until I reached Connor's and he looked like he was trying to keep himself from laughing. "What?" I asked and a little of the exasperation I was feeling seeped into my voice.

"You snore," Connor said while forcing his lips to remain in a flat line.

"I do not!"

"Like a chainsaw," Connor said and laughter overcame his self control. His guffaws pulled the attention of the remaining students and they started laughing with him. "No one wanted to wake you, but we couldn't even hear the movie over the noises you were making. It was quite impressive."

"It was very distracting," a prim voice said from behind Connor. I looked around him and saw Maddison Clearly sitting in a desk that had been pulled close with her hand entwined with Connor's. She looked cute in a short black flippy skirt and a pink fitted t-shirt with a large red heart on the front. Her blond hair was in a french braid that was tied off with a red bow that matched her red lipstick. All of the pink and hearts reminded me that today was February 14th, Valentine's day.

"It isn't really appropriate for you to fall asleep during class. You should be ashamed of yourself," Maddison continued to say and I felt her words like a slap. She was right, I was the type of student that respected my teachers and cared about my school work. But if she thought it was okay to make out publicly during the exact same class then I didn't really think she had the right to say anything to me for dozing off.