1. E P H E M E R A L

'Ephemeral (adj.) Lasting for a very short time.'

____

'1st MARCH,2020.

I giggled slightly as you peppered my neck with kisses, your canines scrapping against the skin of my neck making heat pool in the nether region of my body, I slowly push you away whilst giggling and turn around to face you- and there you were smirking at me with that perfectly sculpted face of yours, you resembled the Adonis, the handsome Adonis. I could not help but slightly flush at the sight of your bare chest. The sun rays slightly pouring in our room, the rays scatter around your face as I watch your brown orbs melt into deep pools of honey- And , I could swear, I fell for you at that moment...'

Aries's eyes stayed glued to his mate's personal diary as she lay unconscious before him in her bedroom- Cassiopeia had  given birth. But unlike, other she-wolves she had faced severe complications, with the half of her body being bruised and her mental health being in shreds- all because of him. He was the reason behind his mate being in comatose. Alpha Orion and Luna Roxanne were not ready to have him in their mansion where Cassiopeia had chosen to give birth but under the orders of the council, they were forced to let him stay. Only if they knew about the abuse their daughter had to face at the hands of the young Alpha. His eyes glazed with un-shed tears, he had loved her; but, it was all because of his mother, had she not manipulated him into being unfair to his one and only mate because of her hate for Roxanne, then perhaps, Cassiopeia would not have fallen into a coma. Her wolf had refused to heal her and it was as if she too, wanted to surrender to death. 

Cassiopeia had given birth to their son 12 hours ago, he was a healthy little pup- his mother had perhaps protected him well from the demons of her head. Aries knew that he had jeopardized his son's chances of having a mother, he feared that maybe Cassie, his Cassie would never wake up. It was rare for she-wolves to die during birth but, given her condition- death was very likely to occur, he did not want it of course because he refused to go to bed every night with the guilt of pushing his mate into the hands of death, he refused to let his son be motherless, he refused to let go, he wanted to redeem himself- the mighty Alpha was eager to redeem himself. 

"I think you should leave now." Luna Roxanne's hard voice vibrated in the ear, Roxanne was well known amongst the wolves for being one of the kindest as well as the terrifyingly powerful Luna, her hard tone almost made him flinch, 

"No, Luna Knox. This is my mate, and I would rather stay till she wakes up." He spoke firmly. 

Roxanne's eyes hardened, the coldness in her eyes was enough to scare anyone but not him, he was not going to leave Cassie alone, he would stay and repent. 

"She is my daughter and I am very well capable of taking care of her, I suggest you leave..." She affirmed. 

"No." He reprimanded. 

"After everything you and your wretched mother had done, You still have the sheer audacity to stand before my daughter!" She rebuked, her tone edging as her fists clenched. 

"I will stay." He spoke firmly. 

"I will let the council know of everything then, Aries King." 

Aries' shoulders tensed, 

" I will stay." He spoke once again. He was not going to leave without a fight. 

Hello, Lovelies! This is the first chapter of this book and I hope it is up to your expectations!

Love, 

Krea!