16. C U P I D I T Y

Cupidity (n.) A greed for money or possession

_____

As Lord Vermont and the entire court turned towards Leah, her demeanor changed; Everyone could sense the shift in the ambience.

"Omega Leah, you are declared guilty for manipulation and abuse of Luna Cassiopeia, and for this criminal offense of yours, The council has decided to give you 250 lashes laced with wolfs bane tomorrow morning. Now, Let us come to the topic of your mate." Lord Vermont spoke, 

Leah's eyes widened in fear for a split second before she composed herself,

"M-mate?" She asked feigning confusion. 

Lady Andromeda smirked before nodding towards the officers who strode out of the room and came back in with Richard's paralyzed mother being pushed on a wheel chair. Leah gulped in fear as she watched the old she wolf- the mother of her mate.

"Do you know her?" Lady Andromeda questioned. 

Leah shook her head rapidly, 

"You certain that you do not know her?" Lady Andromeda raised her perfectly done eyebrow, "Well, then in that case, let me remind you....This she wolf is your real mate's mother whom you had poisoned....She is Richard's Mother." As soon as these words left Lady Andromeda's lips, Leah's complexion paled.

"R-r--ic-hard?" She stuttered. 

"Yes, Richard...your real mate whom you had killed." 

"W-hat?" 

"You want to know how we found out? Well, lets just say that we found stack of yours and his pictures in the attic of his room...Leah dear, you had cleaned every single corner of his room but did not bother to clean the attic." Lady Andromeda smirked. 

"Oh, and by the way, the poison you had used on Richard's mother has been wearing off of its effects since the past year and she has the control over her right hand now and she wrote your name when we asked her who poisoned her." 

"She's Lying!" Leah screamed and began thrashing around. 

"No, she isn't!" Lady Andromeda's voice rose as she stood up from her seat, "She is not lying! Tell us, why did you do it? Was it because of power? Was it because of money? WHY DID YOU MURDER YOUR OWN MATE?" 

That is when all hell broke loose as Leah let out a strangled sob, "I apologize to you Moon Goddess! I just wanted power! Just power and Yes, I killed the man I loved, yes I poisoned his mother and yes, I am the reason behind Luna Cassiopeia's abuse! You want to know why? it is because I want power! I wish to be on top of the world!" With that, she began crackling like a lunatic as the entire court watched her in terror, 

"She will be executed after she receives the lashed tomorrow, the werewolf community does not have any place for someone as selfish and treacherous as her." Lord Vermont ordered as Leah was dragged out.