XXV

"Hey Revion why is there going to be war?" Elise asked curiously, sitting on their shared bed, sketching.

"What made you think there would be a war my Regina?" He asked.

"I did not understand much in the meeting," she sighed, putting down the sketchbook and pencil. "I did understand when war was mentioned. The other words were confusing me because I don't know what is happening."

"That's understandable. We were picking up from the last meeting so it is understandable that you do not know the circumstances. Right now the kingdom is unstable. I have been asleep for a long time so it fell apart. Other packs may feel threatened by me rebuilding my kingdom so they will attack. They only way to prevent it is to take them in first," he explained.

"So war?" She asked, starting to get slightly anxious.

"No. A good leader values their soldiers. You do not want to lose lives where possible. War is the last option. First we must negotiate, see if there is any way they will compromise with us and become one of our states. If they will not, we use intimidation. War is the last resort," he explained, gently correcting her.

"I thought—" she frowned.

"War leads to other packs joining in and choosing sides. It makes victory harder. Taking one pack at a time means we can train them and guarantee allegiance before moving on and if there is a war we will then be ready," he said.

"You're so smart," she sighed.

"I was trained for this little one. Our kingdom did not rule for so long for no reason. We had good tactics which were passed down," he laughed kissing her on the nose.

"In the meeting how did you do that thing? That thing where you went into my head? It was nice," she said looking up at him, her eyes beaming with fascination.

"I felt you were in distress so I used my wolf to calm you. It allowed you to maintain a brief connection with your wolf. If you want we can try it again in the future. It might even be healthy for you," he said.

"Thank you so much!" She exclaimed throwing herself at him and hugging him as tight as possible.

"You are so cute when you are excited. I should make you excited more often," he said.

She smiled and placed her lips on his.

She felt his arms snake around her in a tight loving embrace. She loved how warm he was when he hugged her. It made her feel at home.

His lips started to take over the kiss and he accidentally pushed her back, leading to the couple falling onto the sheets.

Elise could hardly complain as his lips consumed hers. His arms were no longer around her and instead their hands were connected on either side with their fingers intertwined.

She liked the intimacy between them. She enjoyed the displays of love they had. He was gentle with her and she found it endearing.

Wolves were known to be rough and aggressive especially with affection. His  attention to caution with her made her heart flutter and soar. He was making sure not to hurt her at all because he knew how strong he was and how easy it would be to injure her.

His lips moved from hers and he began to pepper soft kisses on her mark. She let out a soft sigh as he ran his canines over the area.

He grinned as he lifted his head and slipped his hands out of hers.

He laughed as she mewled, sounding like an annoyed kitten.

"Why did you stop?" She pouted.

"A second mark could be dangerous for you and take time to heal, silly. You get kisses," he said.

"Is it because I cannot mark you?" She asked.

"No!"

"I'm joking. Don't be so serious but you left it with no warning. I don't like that. I was having fun," she whined.

"You test my restraint sometimes Regina," he said.

"How so?"

"You are just so beautiful and irresistible and it really makes my wolf get out of control. I don't want to hurt you," he said.

"Oh I am sorry. I did not realise I was making things difficult for you," she whispered.

"I am a lycan, Elise. I would have to restrain myself with an ordinary werewolf as well."

Elise let out a soft growl at the thought. He was her mate. How dare he mention another girl.

"I was just giving an example. I'm all yours," he promised.

"Good. I am not sharing," she huffed crossing her arms.

"Glad to hear," he laughed.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too," he replied.

"So can we do that mind thing now?" She asked.

"Maybe tonight?" He suggested.

"B-but that's so far away," she whined.

"Its a few hours and it is the best time to do it," he laughed.

"Why? Do you get special powers at night or something?" She frowned.

"No. It means we get longer to do it. We will not need to be interrupted for work, meetings or dinner for a while. Don't you want to spend more time doing it?"

"Yes!" She said excitedly.

"My point exactly," Revion said.

"But do we have to go to dinner?"

"Elise you we have to go. You cannot skip meals and I want to get you socializing," the king said.

"But I don't need anyone other than you," she said softly.

"That's not healthy. You have no friends. I don't like you getting bored when I am busy," he explained.

"I can just draw," she insisted.

"You are a queen. You need to be with people. If you don't try you'll miss out. You cannot just stay with me Regina. People want to get to know you," he said trying to get through to her.

"But people judge me. I don't like them. You are way better. You are not mean or judgmental. I—"

"One bad experience should not dictate the rest of your life. How about this. You don't need to talk to anyone tonight other than—"

"You?"

"No. Me, Lauren, Justin and Chandler," he said.

"Why not just you?" She asked.

"That defies the point of getting you used to people."

"Fine," she consented.

A/N

Thanks for the wait!

You are all amazing.

Quick question:

What is your favourite song?