X

Revion sat at the head of the table during the meeting with the council. He had missed them dearly and was glad they had returned so soon.

At the same time he felt his mind wandering off to his mate. The disappointment and hurt she showed when he declined staying with her. It hurt him to see her looking so sad but he had duties. She had to understand that.

He was not a normal common wolf or even a normal Alpha. He was a King. He had a kingdom to run. She may have been his Queen but she would have to understand that. He needed to secure his territory especially if he wanted to keep her safe. He had to be powerful to protect her to the best of his ability. He was descended from a line of powerful kings. He would attract attention from the power hungry who would first target his mate.

She was what they called an Omega. She could not shift and she would be unable to defend herself. The world he lived in was dangerous and he wanted to make it as safe as possible for her.

He knew she was strong, the amount of injuries she had when they first met was a clear indication of that. A wolf with a stronger bloodline might not have been able to survive with those injuries and yet she still carried on. She was definitely strong despite how fragile she looked. However he was not going to let her get hurt again.

He wanted to protect her and give her the best life possible. He knew she did not come from the best life. She was young when her parents disappeared and could not even remember how they looked. She grew up in an orphanage. She was an outcast in the pack and was sometimes hurt by those around her, usually emotionally or in some other way. Whenever she told him about those things in her past he always felt upset. He wanted to give her the world and give her a new life with him.

"Revion?"

He lifted his head to see Henry from his council looking at him expectantly.

Revion sighed, "Please repeat that."

"I think our King is smitten with his mate," Chandler smirked.

Revion glared.

"Don't go off topic."

"You're just imagining her aren't you," Chandler continued to playfully tease and taunt.

"Shut up you dolt," Justin groaned hitting Chandler on the head.

Revion watched as the two fought.

Chandler was like a yapping puppy and Justin always would give him a hit or a slap to try and make him silent. The two had barely separated during the time the King had been asleep. They were like brothers, always fighting and arguing but still always sticking together.

"Don't hit me!"

"You deserved it," Justin muttered leaning back in his seat.

Revion wondered how the two had not killed each other during the period of about five hundred years.

"So the West Wind pack I believe may be a threat because they have had time to prepare. Sources say they are an incredibly strong warrior pack and will not be likely to flee or surrender," Justin said resuming the meeting.

"We do have much stronger and larger forces though. The Nightcry pack was also supposed to be strong," Revion reminded him.

"We are talking about a pack that for training exercises attacks other packs," Lauren reminded the council.

"Lady Lauren I am sure that such a violent pack would have few allies," Chandler said.

"Well if they have few allies then tell me why have they not been defeated. Packs would want to defend themselves against such a terrible nuisance however the West Wind pack is still thriving. They either have allies with a similar lack of moral values or they are strong enough on their own to counter any counter attacks," Lauren said narrowing her eyes at Chandler.