Chapter 2- The mission

Naruto POV
We walked to the Hokage tower. I was trailing behind them because I didn't want to join in their little gossip talk. Plus this meeting better be quick or else i am leaping off the roof of the tower and running back to my apartment. This better not waste my time since i am not in the mood. I kicked rocks on the ground just letting them roll wherever they want to go. I saw Sasuke and Kakashi give me a concerning look to why i was trailing behind them and not standing next to them. I gave them a fake smile and they turned away.Tsk they seriously need to mind their own business. I rolled my eyes and kept walking on.

No POV

They went inside to the Hakoge office, some of the Kahona 12 were there. Kahona 12 is a group with young group of shinobi's which include: Neji Hyuga, Rock lee, Tenten, Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, Ino Yamanaka, Hinata Hyuga, Shino Aburame, Kiba Izuzuka, big mouth *cough cough* Sakura Haruno, Duck butt *whistle* Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzamaki-Namikaze who strictly went by Naruto Uzamaki.

The assignment that they are about to receive is a service opportunity to be ally's with Suna. It wasn't that big of a mission and it is not really necessary but they still needed it for foundations between good friendships and between nations.
The Hokage was the reason  why they were all summoned there because she would set them off to have a deal to create an alliance between Leaf and Suna. Plus it would be a good bonding opportunity, or she thought.

Soon enough, Rookie 9 and team 13 came and completed the group, their sensei's entered the room. Naruto's birthday was near because today was the 7th October. Naruto's birthday was known as the 'kyuubi hunt', the night Naruto was most afraid of. Even though he doesn't show it he was scared more like frightened. This day is the day of the year where Naruto gets beaten up. The beatings were going to be extra bad since it gets worse every year plus his "friends" don't know that he is the kyuubi. They always talk about how they want to beat him up and want them to pay but Naruto always gets stings in his heart of every insult coming out from their mouths.

"So granny what is the mission about and why you called us here." Naruto leaned against the wall. Tsunade's eye twiched but she let it slide.
"The mission is about expanding our relationships with Suna and having and alliance with them." The Hokage said. " it is also a c rank mission."

" YESSS WE DONT GET A D MISSION!" Naruto shouted which most of the teams covered their ears for. Of course Naruto did it on purpose so they wouldn't suspect a thing about his mask.
Sakura punched him on the head really hard.
" BAKA!" Sakura said.
He rubbed the back of his head.
"Ow that hurt." Naruto pouted.
" tsk she didn't have to do it that hard. Stupid loud mouth. I wish i could just sow her mouth together." Naruto mumbled under his breath.
The teams didn't hear what Naruto said but Shikamaru heard everything that he said, which he gave a concerning look to Naruto.
After Naruto recovered, " but the way you explain it sounded boring,"he moaned.
"There are no shortcuts into becoming Hokage Naruto so you have to participate in most of these missions." Tsunade teased him.
Naruto kept quiet. He questioned in his head if he could become Hokage or will he be dead before he could even become the leader. Everyone was concerned for him because usually he would scream out and be all energetic saying he will be Hokage but he just kept quiet.

Naruto was still coming up with an excuse in his head and thinking what to say.
"Just say something already Kit. Tell them the truth and how you really feel. It would be nice if you could get if off your chest because it has been weighing you down for 7 years kit, they might understand." Kurma said.
"Tsk what would you know stupid fox." Naruto teased, poking kurama's head. Kurma smirked chuckling a bit.
" Remember you wore that cute fox costume and i took a picture of it. I could show them the pic you know."
"Jeez kurma I don't need this right now." Naruto growled.

"Na- naru- narut- naruto- NARUTO!" The blonde heard as he lost connection with his conversation with kurma in his mindscape.
The shaking he felt was too familiar, memories of beatings came swarming in. A tear went down his cheek.
"P-please don't hurt me. I have had enough. Please." Naruto said flinching. Everyone was confused except kakashi and Tsunade. They both knew what has been going on in his life.
" Everyone give him some personal space." He advised everyone. Kakashi went up to Naruto and pulled him into a hug. He rubbed circles on his back.
The boy looked up at the familiar face.
He placed his head on Kakashi's shoulder and cried on his.
"Calm down Naruto they aren't here. They aren't going to hurt you." He soothed which made naruto calm down.
Everyone was shocked. Not only Kakashi was hugging him he was comforting him. Everyone had a lot of questions in their heads.

Tsunade noticed all the curious looks on their faces and decided to intervene.
"Okay meeting has ended, meet at the gates in 2hours." Everyone responded with a hesitant "hai" not wanting to leave the poor blonde but left anyways.

Kahona 12 left except Naruto and kakashi. They couldn't help but be curious about what happened.
" so what do you think that was about?" Ino said interrupting the silence.
"I don't know because i have never seen him like that." Mumble Sakura.
"True all i did was shake him and wake him up from his day dreaming but the dobe started crying." Sasuke said after.
"Not to mention he hesitated on being Hokage which he has never done." Which everyone hummed in response.
"This is troublesome, hopefully he doesn't act like that the whole trip." Shikamaru said stil thinking about what he heard naruto mumbled earlier. Everyone now going their separate ways.

Back in the Hokage tower Naruto had calmed down a bitbut still shaking. Tsunade was mad, not at naruto but the villagers who did this to the kid. "How could they do this he is innocent and didn't do anything wrong." She said.
"I know." Kakashi mumbled.

Little did they both know they were both blind and didn't know anything about Naruto.