Day Five

"I like this change of pace," Y/N noted aloud as she pulled her jacket down a bit. "It's nice to relax once in a while. The past few days have been way too chaotic for comfort."

Saiki nodded in agreement as he buttoned up his shirt.

The group had decided to give the indoor pool a visit this evening, right after dinner- which they had an hour early. It was still just a bit after lunchtime, and the teachers had given them a "free day" due to what occurred yesterday.

Of course, the two took advantage of that. The two were supposed to stay inside the hotel and relax, but Y/N would like to state:

Fuck that.

Saiki didn't mind either. His friends were going to leave him alone for once, and it was perfect for some relaxation. That is if his companion doesn't tire him the hell out by the end of the afternoon.

The two were going to head out to the cafe for a bit. Kusuo was practically drooling at the thought of tasting the Coffee Jelly he had last time once more.

"Saiki, are you ready to go?" Y/N called out, swinging her bag over her shoulder with a grin. "I'll pay today, maybe."

The psychic squinted at the maybe. "So, are you paying or not?"

Her smile brightened up even more. "We'll see. Come on. There might be a line if we wait any further. It's almost work hours."

Kusuo scoffed at her indecisive answer. Damn tease. He followed her steps, and they left the hotel room with the pinkette ensuring the door had closed properly.

The two travelled down the elevator. In the meantime, Y/N was continuing her chatter about- anime guys? Whatever. Saiki was lost in thought, trying his best to keep on track with her babbling, yet he couldn't help but wonder.

Something was bothering him about their relationship. It was weird to him because he'd never really let someone be this close to him. Maybe with other people, they didn't look that friendly, but it sure felt otherwise. Saiki was starting to piece that the reason Y/N didn't feel like an annoyance was that she was...

Undeniably average? Hm. That didn't seem to fit, either.

"Hey, Saiki, are you listening?"

Kusuo looked at his companion with his usual expression.

"I'll take that as a 'no.' Whatever, just binge Balance: Unlimited with me some time! It's worth it; I promise," she said with a determined look.

"Whatever," the male responded, as payback for Y/N not denying or confirming that she would be treating him or not. "We'll see."

"You're a jerk. I hope you know that."

"Yes, yes. I know."

They arrived at the cafe, and Y/N went ahead to push her hand against the glass door. It didn't budge.

She gave it a strange look, pushing it again. Again, nothing. The L/N looked annoyed, giving it one last shove before looking at the label on the door.

"Please pull on the door."

Y/N sheepishly pulled the door handle as it opened swiftly. Saiki was totally not smiling mockingly behind her back right now.

"Pretty stupid, aren't you?"

The H/C-hair coloured girl gave him a quick glare before heading for the counter where the staff stood and gave them a kind smile. "Seat for 2, please."

They nodded and guided them to a seat. "Let me know when you're ready to order! Would you guys like water or tea?"

"Tea, please," both of the students answered.